Sunday, January 19, 2014

Happy Bloggy Birthday To Me, And Congratulations To Our Jazzy Girl

January 19, 2014

Good morning.  Wow, taking a day off on purpose is not as easy as I thought it would be.  All morning, I was having "bloggy withdrawal".   Go ahead, laugh.  This blog has become such a big part of my daily life.  I started my blog six years ago, on January 18, 2008.  My hubby had recently passed away, and this was a way for me to keep my mind busy and hang in there.

Throughout these past six years, I have met and made friends with some of the most awesome folks, and even got to meet a couple of you in person.  During these same years, I've learned so much about scrapbooking and designing, and digital art.  I've also grown a bit with my photography, and been able to share ideas with so many of you.  I've definitely been blessed.

Yesterday, Deanne and Jasmine went to Connecticut for a weekend competition in drama and musical arts.  I just have to share with you an awesome photo and to say that I am so proud of our Jazzy Girl.  In this photo, she and her group are performing Bohemian Rhapsody.  She was only in one number yesterday, but she and her group took first place and a platinum trophy.  (the hightest one you can get) in their musical theatre category. 

They were also nominated for a broadway star but did not get it.  However, another group from her theatre did get it along with a first and platinum.  Both mother and daughter are having a great weekend.  Congratulations Jazzy, I love you and I'm very proud of you.  (That's our Jazzy, third girl from right, back row)


Yesterday we had a mixed bag of weather here in our little part of New England.  Early in the morning, it looked a bit gray, but upon looking out the window I found it was pouring rain.  Lots and lots of puddles every where.  "Oh well," I said to one of the dwarfs, "at least it is better than snow."  I should have kept quiet because in just a short time there was lots and lots of snow falling from the skies. 

It was coming down at a pretty good clip, and before you knew it, everything in the yard was completely covered with white stuff.  The flakes were big and wet.   Here's a few photos to show how quickly the snow was building up on my car.  These photos were taken just a few minutes apart.  The last time I looked out later in the afternoon, there was at least six inches of snow on the ground by my car.






Well, that's my news for this morning.  I do have a new photo of my little Pogo, but I shall save that for tomorrow.  So, till then, Y'all be safe and have a wonderful day.

Hugs, Edna B.

4 comments:

smiekeltje said...

Hahaha, you will get used to the fact you skip one day blogging.
I was glad I dimished the posting some time ago, it's for now, more than enough.
I just finished preparation of an oven dish for dinner today.
Composed of a layer of thing potatoe slices, on that a layer of thin slices onions, then a layer of spinache leaves, then a bit of grated cheese, covered that with a fish sauce, thena layer of pieces of white fish, on that a layer of (precooked) whiste cabbege, then another layer of potatoe slices, rest of the fish sauce over it and covered again with some grated cheese.
Will have to be in the oven for about an hour on 200 C degrees.
I am curious how it will be, it's 1st time I;ve made it.
Hope the snow will not last for very long at your place!
Have a wonderful day!
Hugs
Kyra

Andrea @ From The Sol said...

Six years ... Oh my, that is a long time to keep up this pace. And, you do it so well. Congratulations, Miss Edna. You are definately a winner in my book.

And Congratulations to Jazzy ... drama is a wonderful thing. My mother taught drama and dance so, of course my sister and I were well versed in it. My Mother was in Faculty Players at the University where I grew up. She became a star when she played Dorothy in Wizard of Oz ... we got bags of fan mail and couldn't walk down the street without being stopped ... so Jazzy has a fun future ahead of her if she stays with it ... and she shoudl because she is good.

We had snow here yesterday too, only I was out driving in it in a loaner car. I couldn't figure out how to keep the windshild wipers on so I was flicking them on and off as I needed them ... being old is such a trip. It's a good thing we have a sense of humor so we can laugh about it. I did make it home safe and sound, but I was exhausted. It is stressful driving in bad wearher.
Well I am off and running again this week. So much so that I may have to take a blog break to keep up with it. I will try to tell you about it as time passes, but for now, I have much to do. Be well, and I am glad you took the extra week off. I think you will be much better off having done that. I will be testing the waters of no blogging time this week too, so I will let you know how it effects me ... will I miss it? Only the shadow knows ... :)

Andrea @ From The Sol

Nani said...

Happy Blogiversary, Miss Edna’s Place! :D Big congrats to Jasmine!

That’s what Ma Nature did to us on Thursday! I had to cancel my groceries trip because of it. Our evening and overnight snow kyboshed my brunch plans this morning too.

Brunch has been rescheduled and I have a football game to pay closer attention to -0 The Patriots need me! :)

Hugs, Nani

Annesphamily said...

Oh goodness, I look at that sweet Pogo and my mind goes off to furry babies! Your grand daughter is a real star! I think all the hard work they alll poured into their performances must have been something exciting to see.
We made a Rueben Casserole so we will see if it is tastes as good as it looks! Corned Beef and pastarami is so expensive. Yikes!
Happy bloggy anniversary to you. Woo Hoo! I love my blogging friends. It is so nice to visit. Have a great evening!