Thursday, January 23, 2014

Snow, Snow Everywhere.

January 23, 2014

Good morning.  Gosh, I will be so glad to see Spring arriving with warmer temps and flowers.  Yesterday, I just could not get warm.  I had a chill right to the bone, and could not get warm.  So, I spent most of the day and all night tucked under my flannel blanket.  I finally got smart and put on a pair of fuzzy slipper socks.  That helped by making my feet warm, and thereby making me a bit warmer.

I do have a physical coming up soon, and I will have a chat with the doctor about how to get rid of these colds sooner.  I think this has been my worst year (for being sick) in a long time.  Enough already.  I want my days back.

I had planned on working on the pink thing, but I never touched it all day.  Maybe today.  At least I've been able to find enough program repeats on TV to keep me busy.  The dwarfs have been very good.  One of them brought me some Mucinex to try, and another shoveled almost the whole driveway before Joe got home from work.  Needless to say, Joe was very happy to see yard all shoveled.   (We ended up with more than a foot of new snow.)

There's really no news for today, so I'll share some cute images from the web.  These should brighten up the day for some of us.




Now, I'm going to feed Pogo, drink my coffee and decide what I feel like doing today.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all be safe and have a wonderful day.

Hugs, Edna B.

4 comments:

Andrea @ From The Sol said...

It's hard to start feeling better when it is so bitter cold out ... I agree you should talk to your doctor about why your colds seem to linger. That has to be draining and depressing ... though I can't imagine cheery you being depressed.

I am waiting for my daughters dentist to call if she can get her in today. I had to cancel her Friday appointment because I had double booked and had a weekend commitment to the birds. Jackie doesn't really mind missing, but she does have work that needs to be done.

I have to go out this afternoon if we don't have a dentist appointment. Izzi is almost out of food and the birds are almost out of black sunflower. I go through that like it was water ... expensive :(

I have to keep this short because I have to call my friend who's husband is in the hospital. She called this morning while I was out feeding the birds so I missed her. I sure hope he is going to be all right. We have known them since we got married almost (next September) 50 years ago. So you keep warm today if you can. We are going to have subzero weather into next week ... I am dreading it. Stay well Edna and be thankful that you taught Pogo to use a Pee Pad ... Oh my :)

Andrea @ From The Sol

Nani said...

Love your “day brighteners!”

The cold is so bitter right now! I have my plush robe that I wear in the house and when I go out I layer and extra sweater under my coat and use a lap blanket that wraps around my ankles. It’s just brutal and I don’t know that there is a way we can make a normal house warm enough right now for us states in the north!

If your doctor suggests “more coffee, less snow,” to stave off colds let me know so I can switch doctors! ;) “Medicinal coffee” is a sign of a great doctor!

Keep warm!!
Hugs, Nani

smiekeltje said...

It's terrible when you just cannot get warm, I have that some days too!
Sweet that the dwarfs are looking after you.
Good to know for us, that people are around you to take a bit care !
Better i go to my blog now and do a post, I wanted to do it earlier but got distrackted by a bit net surfing, I am hopeless.
Hopefully you will tay warm today!
Hugs
Kyra

The Queen Jester said...

I hate that feeling when you can't get warm no matter how much you pile on. It's easy to become depressed when you feel sick for so long.
One thing (out of many) I love about living in the RV is that we almost always have sunshine, if not warmth. That lack of sun in the north is a killer for my depression. We hope you feel better soon.