Friday, January 17, 2014

A Little "Spring" To Brighten Your Day

January 17, 2014 

Good afternoon.  Gosh, I sat down a couple of hours ago to type my blog post, and I got side tracked.  I was busy reading other blogs and then checking through my photo archives to find some fun photos to share.  I'm taking an idea from someone else and posting some Spring time photos. 



We did not have many hummingbirds in our yard last year, at least I did not get to see them.  This year, I'm hoping to see more of them.  I'll be planting a few more flowers to hopefully attract them.

Here's a rather woodly looking character who was busy having himself a feast in the Mrs' backyard one day.  He must have heard me, and started looking around for the intruder.  Once he saw me, he promptly ran away. 



Our weather these past few days has been pretty good, and today looks just lovely.  The cold temps will be back soon, but I'm enjoying the break from the freezing cold.  Other folks around the country and the world are experiencing some horribly hot temps and raging wild fires.  I worry for their safety and the lives of the wildlife.  It makes me wonder where all of this leads to.

Last night I got to watch the newest fashion design show on TV.  "Under The Gunn" with Tim Gunn looks to be very interesting and fun.  It has a lot of different twists than the "Project Runway" original version.  I'm really looking forward to watching the rest of this program. 

This year, I think I'm going to take a day off each week from blogging.  I like to sleep late on Saturday mornings so I'll make that my down day.  This way, when the good weather finally gets here, I can maybe get out a bit earlier in the morning and catch a few of the Saturday morning flea market sales.  We'll see.

So, on that note, I think it's time for me to get dressed, check the mail and make up my food shopping list.  Later this afternoon, Joe and I will be going to the market.  It will feel good to get outside for a little bit even if it is just walking to and from the car.  So, till Sunday, Y'all be safe and have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

5 comments:

Andrea @ From The Sol said...

Me too ... I just love those litle hummers. The idea of it being warm enough for them to return seems a little remote, but I know the day will come and I can't wait.

I ws thinking about your idea to put in a door with a window and it made me think about the little shelves you can buy to put by the window for cats. If you had something Pogo could climb up on, he would fit perfectly on one of those. He could sit and look out the window to his hearts content.

I had to take my car in for it's 60,000 mile check up this morning ... they still have it and it is already after two. Makes me think that this is going to be a costly visit ... but a must have, sigh. I keep hoping that congress will stop trying to think of ways to screw us and instead throw a little help our way. I think we are as deserving as any billionair who doesn't need the help and gets it anyway.

tomorrow is Saturday ... does that mean you are taking the day off? Or is that a plan for down the road. Anyway, I will stop by and if you aren't here, I will at least know why this time. It worries me when you disappear without any notice.

You have a nice weekend Edna and Izzi says Keep Warm to Pogo. She has to go outside in this freezing weather because she can't use a potty mat. So she knows how cold it can be.

Andrea @ From The Sol

The Queen Jester said...

I love the hummingbirds as well - they are so fun to watch.

I think taking a day off from blogging once in a while is a good thing. Otherwise it begins to feel like a commitment.

I've been a bit lazy in mine lately and need to come back up to speed again and start the photoshop friday once more - will probably start it next week.

Nani said...

Okay, Edna doesn't blog on Saturday, DON'T PANIC! Got it. :)

What a great idea to post some spring photos! I think maybe I'll post something springy. I really like the ground hog!

We're still getting snow hit and miss. There was 2 more inches yesterday and it made me cancel my grocery trip. I don't want to be wheeling through 2 inches of snow after shopping with three bags of groceries. We did have over an inch of it by the time I would have been coming home. :(

Historically global climate change has naturally happened, but I think we may be ushering it along a little. Still, we weren't around when the glaciers receded. It was probably something like it is now. Our blogs may someday be important historical references!

Enjoy your day off from Blogland, I'll see you for coffee Sunday!

Hugs, Nani

smiekeltje said...

Good you are going out for a little while, even if it is for food shopping LOL
The air will hopefully do you good, and how nice it can be to stay in some days, too long isn;t good either. I can do that for about two days, then I just HAVE to go out, walk a bit, sniff in some relatively fresh air!
Good idea to take a day off from bloggin, but also good you announced that, now we will not worry about you not posting LOL!
Have a great "free"Saturday!!
Hugs
Kyra

Annesphamily said...

I get sidetracked always over here! I start reading previous posts on each blog and boom there goes my evening! LOL
One blogger said no one has ever left her 11 comments! HaHaHa, I was loving her posts.
Enjoy the week!