Tuesday, January 7, 2014

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JASMINE, Two Days Late

January 7, 2014

Good afternoon.  I wonder if anyone else ever has the same problem I have with birthdays.  My granddaughter Jasmine's birthday is the day before my late daughter Kerri's birthday.  Yet every year, I am at least one or two days late with her birthday greetings and card.  I'm thinking that it is psychological.  Here's a photo of our birthday girl (posted in December).


And this is a photo from many years gone by of my daughters Kerri and Deanne (Jazzy's mom).  I borrowed this photo from Deanne's web page.   It's no wonder why Jasmine is such a beauty.


So, to you Jasmine, I hope that your special day was fabulous, and I wish you a life filled with love and happiness.  I hope all that you dream for comes true, so keep dreaming big.  My daddy always told me to reach high for the moon, because I would have to pass a lot of stars to get there.  And just maybe, one of those stars would be meant for me.

Today is cold, but the sun is shining so maybe I'll be able to get one or two sunset photos.  We'll see.  Later this afternoon, I am going shopping with one of the dwarfs to pick up a few things.  Mostly I want to get more food for Pogo.  Of course, I'll also look to see if any of the doggie Spring fashions are in yet.  It's not too soon to be thinking of what he will wear when we go to Florida.

There really isn't any more news for today, so I think I'll look around for some mischief to get into until it is time to go shopping.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all be warm and have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

3 comments:

Andrea @ From The Sol said...

Ah Ha ... you must have slept in today. I have been looking for you since early this morning. I am sure Jasmine loves to hear from you for her birthday, no matter how many days late you are ... and as for psychological? Probably just "Old Poop" syndrome. Anyway, Happy Birthday to Jasmine ... she is a beautiful young lady.

Our temperature is 8 degrees. First time in days we have been above "0" and it actually feels warm out. Everything is relative, they say, and in this case they are surely right. I had to run out and get black oil sunflower seed. I ran out and it is the mainstay of what I feed my birds. Also had to get peanuts for the squirrels and the woodpeckers. Have to keep them all warm until spring ...
I am starting to feel like Izzi ... a little stir crazy after being shut in for so many days. I feel like I need to be doing things, but there is so much to be done here, I don't know where to start. I think I will have to enlist the help of my organizer (engineer) husband to set up some kind of schedule or system for me to follow. Otherwise I seem to be sitting here spinning my wheels. I do have things to do ... I have to keep a running log on my house guests (required by law) and if I don't do it in a timely manner, I forget things. So, that is what I am off to now. Need to get the morning feeding, cleaning, gloving etc. down in writing ... Have fun at the store Edna ... it will feel good to get out to do something other than work. Loves to Pogo ...

Andrea @ From The Sol

Nani said...

Isn’t Jasmine the granddaughter who gets and extra dollar for each day you’re late with her card? I think she’s practicing telekinesis on you to make you later! Hehe Happy birthday to Jasmine!!

We got put back on the Level 3 Snow Emergency because of the drifting snow from the wind and well, people were just not using their brains when they drove yesterday and the rescue people were working even harder than just on the snow! Those people must have all moved to Toledo in the last 2 years from Florida; only way they have no idea what to do. The past 2 years haven’t been really snowy at all but it usually DOES snow in Ohio! So one more day before the bank or grocery is open. :P

We got down to 15 below last night and we’re all the way up to -2 now! I want to go bow frozen bubbles, but it doesn’t have to be below zero for that to work and since I have a meeting tomorrow and will be out waiting for the bus in the teens, I’ll pass that time blowing frozen bubbles. Maybe it will make the wait seen warmer or at least quicker. :)

Brr…Now I need more hot coffee or tea! You and Pogo keep warm!

Hugs, Nani

smiekeltje said...

Ha, I have sometimes the same problem, forgetting birthdays LOL.
But.... here's to Jasmine: Happy Birthday, although belated!
You are still lucky you can go out, as in other parts the weather is aweful!
Oh, I wonder what you might find for Pogo to wear for the spring holiday LOL!
You have a lovely day,
Hugs
Kyra