Thursday, February 28, 2013

Say Goodbye To February

February 28, 2013

Good afternoon.  As I speak, the sun has just come out.  It's been cloudy but nice up to now.  Pogo and I have been busy running errands all morning.  I somehow misplaced his travel papers so we had to go back to the hospital to get copies. 

After that, we stopped by the local repair garage to order a wiper blade for the back window on my car.  Next on the list was to stop by the Christmas Tree Shoppe to buy a flannel lined plastic table cloth.  This is to put in the rental car just in case Pogo forgets his manners. 

A couple days ago, we received the February newsletter from the Poodle Rescue Of New England (that's where I got Pogo).  What a nice surprise we got to find Pogo's photo on the "Holiday Scenes" page, along with photos of some other beautiful doggies.

Wayne will be stopping by tonight after work to check out my laptop and make sure everything is working okay.  It's been rather sluggish lately, so I'll feel better after he checks it out. 

Now I really should get busy again.  There's still lots to do before Sunday gets here.  I do have a couple of photos to share.  This first one is a new plant that the Mrs received for Valentine's Day, a yellow primrose.  The second photo was taken a few days ago of a Cardinal sitting on a branch while the wind ruffled his crest feathers.



  There aren't too many hours left in this month of February.  It's hard to believe that tomorrow is already the first of March.  Something tells me that it won't be long before I'm saying "Gosh, where has the summer gone?"  When I was a kid, days and weeks went on forever it seemed.  Summer was so long that we actually longed for school to start again. 

Ah well, it's time for me get started on my next task.  Till tomorrow, Y'all have a wonderful day.

Hugs, Edna B.

2 comments:

The Queen Jester said...

Goodbye February - I will be welcoming March and the spring weather that comes with it!

smiekeltje said...

Hello March!
Unbelievable it is already hthat month. You are right, that when we were still real young time seemed to last for ever!
Now it rushes by and you wonder where it all went LOL.
Just a couple of days and you will enjoy the warmth in Florida. Gosh, I am a little bit jealous!
Hug
Kyra