Saturday, February 9, 2013

NEMO Is Still Roaring Loudly

February 9, 2013

It's 5:40 a.m. and so far we have managed to still have our power on.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed though.  Other folks around here are not so lucky.  The storm is still going strong outside.  There's a ton of snow covering everything, and weighing down all my trees and bushes.  When Joe wakes up, I'll have to ask him to try to shake a lot of snow off the branches that he can reach. 

In Long Island, New York, there are more than a hundred stranded (and buried) vehicles on the roads and highways.  New York had a mandatory "Keep off the roads" state of emergency same as we do, but still people ignored this.  The highway department cannot clear the roads because of all the stranded vehicles. 

According to the weather channel, we (my town) already hast 22 or more inches of snow, not counting the drifts.  Today we are expecting another 5-8 inches.  At first, they said that the storm (only the snow)  would be over by late this morning.  Now they are saying that it should be over by tonight.  We'll just have to wait and see.

 Yesterday, Joe went outside and shovelled every hour and a half or so to keep up with the snow near our doors and by my car.  I moved my car and parked it in such a way as to block the snow plow from being able to get near the shed.  I did not want the cords to the generator being plowed up. 

Thank goodness I did that.  During the night when the plow came, the driver wanted me to move my car so that he could push the bulk of the snow to between the house and the shed.   I told him why he could not do that, even though it made his job a bit harder.  He tried to clean most of the parking area, and then left, saying that he would come back this morning (or whenever we wanted) and clean it all really good. 

When daybreak comes, I shall take some photos to share with you here.  Right now, I'm going to curl up on the sofa and watch Looney Tunes on the TV.  Come back in a couple of hours, and I'll have some photos posted.  Till then, Y'all stay safe and have a great morning.

Hugs, Edna B.

No comments: