Thursday, February 7, 2013

Mr. Nemo On His Way Here

February 7, 2013

Good morning.  Actually it is almost noon.  I slept late (from being up during the night) and then I got nosey and had to check out what SIL Eddie was up to out in the yard.  I had asked him to come by and make sure the generator was all hooked up and ready to go.  I also want the electrical cords in place.  I do not want to be trying to do any of this once NEMO gets here.

Oh yeah, we got lots and lots of snow headed our way.  Unfortunately, the weather forecasters can't all agree on just how much snow we will be getting.  Once says up to a foot, another says 40 inches, and the Weather Channel says any where from one foot to more than two feet.  They all agree that we can expect hurricane type winds of up to 50 miles an hour or more. 

They are advising us not to be traveling after mid-day Friday.  That's good advice, but I guarantee that not many folks will take this advice.  People can be so foolish at the wrong times.  Oh well. 

I remember the last "big" blizzard we had.  There was so much snow that we were snowed in for a week.  Except for Emergency workers and Health care workers, there was hardly any traffic on the roads for a few days.  I have to say that it was pretty good in its own way. 

The Weather Channel is giving us a 10 out of 10 rating for severe weather and winds.  I guess I'm lucky to have done most of my work shifts so early in the week.  I am off tomorrow and Saturday night.  This is a blessing in disguise. 

I will have to look through my photos to see when we last had a lot of snow.  Gosh, I'm watching the weatherman tell us that we could have 17 inches of snow before daybreak on Saturday morning.   Well now, isn't that special?  Groan, groan!

I've just spent over an hour and a half trying to follow the directions in "Photoshop CS6, The Missing Manual" to get rid of red eye  (in a photo).  I still did not get it right.  I am not a stupid person, but these fabulous manuals leave me feeling pretty dumb.  Finally I started over and did it my own way.  This took all of a couple of minutes. 

The photo I was working on is one that I just took of Pogo wearing his new hoodie.  Have a look at my little guy.  Yellow looks good on him!


I also have a cute mouse picture that I found on the web.  Granted, I do not want to share my living space with mice, but this mouse is just so adorable!  If it were just him and his teddy bear, I just might consider letting him move in with us.  (No, I'm not drinking.  I'm just a sucker for baby animals!)


Well, last night I called the plow guy to make sure I'm on his list of folks to be plowed both Friday and Saturday.  Eddie has finished setting up the generator and the cords.  Now we just sit back and wait for NEMO.   The best part of all this is the fact that Pogo is quite comfortable using his potty patch and the pee pads.  (Including that one favorite scatter rug.)  That is quite a load of worry off my mind.

Okay, now that I've chewed your ear off, I'm going to see about whipping up some lunch for us.  Later, we (Me, Joe and probably another dwarf) will go food shopping.  Then we'll just hunker down and see what develops.  For those of you anywhere near this storm, make sure you have your emergency supplies in place, and stay safe.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a wonderful day.

Hugs, Edna B.

6 comments:

Debby said...

So good that you have planned ahead. We don't have a generator and that always worries me.
Pogo looks all buffed up in his yellow hoddie.
Yorkie's like to go potty indoors on rugs, hah. Mine uses a potty pad......and a rug if I dare put one down.
I hope you don't loose power. Good luck.

Kelly said...

Pogo looks adorable and warm! I'm glad you guys are getting prepared for NEMO. We didn't have a generator when we got hit with a major ice storm in '09. It was awful. We were without power for 21 days. Stay warm and be safe! Kelly xoxo

aquascrap said...

I can't imagine what that much snow would be like so all I hope is that you aren't too disrupted by it and don't have to travel in it.

Pogo looks cute in his Aussie colours.....green and gold!! Not that he would want to be supporting us with the report that came out yesterday, a lot of our sporting codes are mixed up in doping and illegal drug taking.

We're quick to point the finger at other countries and athletes but it's happening here right under our noses too.

You have a great day, stay safe and stay warm.

Hugs
Judy xx

Nani said...

I might ask David to move my car into the yard so I can call our plow guy if need be tomorrow. No one has given the wintry mix turning to all snow a name to make us heed the warnings, but just the same I want to be prepared. Our forecasters are all over too, so I don't know if we'll have ice, just snow, a little or a lot n the morning. I'm thinking I may cancel my appointments/bus anyway. I had a great driver who's wife has MS that put my chair up the three steps into the house for me yesterday (they aren't supposed to do that) but if I'm not so luck tomorrow David would have to dig up the chair when he gets home before it comes in. Somehow I don't think wheelchairs are made to be buried in snow!

Now, Nemo! Do you have to work the next couple of days or will you be hiding out at home? Do be careful and stay warm!!

Is Nemo just a Weather Channel thing or do other weather forecasters call it Nemo too? I wondered if that was national or just TWC marketing.

Pogo's hoodie is adorable! With the green stripes on it he looks like a soccer-dog! :)

Stay safe and warm!!
Hugs, Nani

smiekeltje said...

Great that you don;t have to go to work, when Nemo will blow your ears off!(and probably lots more).
Also nice that Eddie took care of hte cable things and generator stuff, so you will be okay if the storm comes over with all the unpleasant surprises.
Cross my fingers it will not be too bad and that the snow will bot be in such quantities as forcasted.
Take care, stay in as much as you can, cosy and warm together with Pogo!
Hugs
Kyra

The Queen Jester said...

The photo of the little mouse and his teddy bear is just too adorable. And I agree with Nani, it appears Pogo is ready to jump into a soccer game. Maybe it's the gleam in his eye that he's ready for action!