Sunday, February 3, 2013

A Little More Snow

February 3, 2013

Good morning.  Our little part of New England woke up this morning to a coating of snow everywhere.  Not so bad though, less than an inch.  And it's supposed to be a couple degrees warmer today.  Way up to 33 degrees F!  Woo Hoo!  And yes, we are expecting more snow tonight.  The good part is that soon Winter will be gone and Spring will be here.

Here's a photo of the moon early this morning.


Shortly before it was time for me to leave work, I went out and started my car to melt the snow off the windows and warm up the car. 


It looks as if the snow missed the field across the street, but I'm sure the dried grasses are hiding the snow.  What I don't notice lately is the wildlife that used to always come out in the morning and evening. 

There is so much building new homes going on that the wildlife are getting far and few between.  That's a shame.  The beautiful country setting in the town where I work is fast becoming overgrown and citified.

I don't really have any news for today, so I think I'll get busy here and do a load of wash.  There are a few scatter rugs waiting to be washed.  Pogo keeps me busy.  He's stuck on about 80% house trained.  I'm not complaining.   In six years, he never had to be concerned about potty training.  So he's done quite well for the few months that he's been here.

On that note, I shall leave you.  Till tomorrow, Y'all have a wonderful day.

Hugs, Edna B.

4 comments:

Mat's Merry Memoirs said...

Good Sunday Morning to ya and Pogo too! MzKitty is up here trying to help me type...LOL! Gonna get ready for Super Bowl, so thought I would catch up on my blogs early! Great photos, love the snow with only your footprints in it. I'm washing bedding today! Chore, but has to be done at least weekly since I have 3 cats that insist on sleeping with me! LOL! Even though they get a quick wet wash cloth ran over them each morning, they still leave hair and dander so I have to keep it clean so I don't have allergies flare up! Our 4 legged kids sure do keep us busy, huh? At least it's some exercise! ROFL! Have a beautiful day, chat more later! Hugs, Mat

aquascrap said...

Love the layer of snow and your footprints heading out to the car.
Sad to hear that you don't see the wildlife like you once did. Here, too.....a lot of new areas are opening up to housing and the wildlife are being forced elsewhere.

Every time you mention spring makes me realise winter is not far away. Still we've got a few months of nice weather left so I'll enjoy that before worrying about the colder months.

Speaking of nice weather I think I'll get organised and go and enjoy the day. Today the temp is going to be in the mid - high 20's.

You have a great day yourself
Hugs
Judy xx

Nani said...

If Pogo is 80% trained, it qualifies as "teaching an old dog new tricks" doesn't it? I mean it is really difficult to get an adult dog into a new habit so I'd say the two of you are working well together!

We had three inches with another three expected tomorrow.It's still below "normal" for Toledo, but I'd decided that I was okay sacrificing the flowers for less ice and cold. As I shiver from a draft in the house, I stand by that statement!

Oh, in response to your suggestion about the stair glide, I'd already looked into one. It would still leave me with one step at the top of the stairs, but without a full set of stairs to fall down! Unfortunately, they start at $3K and insurance doesn't cover any part of it; based on Medicare doesn't cover them either. If we had socialized medicine, it probably wouldn't cover them either...but without premiums and copays, we might be able to afford it! -bleh!

Okay, time to get the football and commercials snacks ready! :)

Hugs, Nani

smiekeltje said...

Glad we have no snow anymore, and I hope it will stay away!
Everywhere the city building is driving away the little nature we have left here.
Specially in our area it's hard to find.
I think Pogo is doing fine with his 80%. And may be it will become even 100%, after still a few more months of training?
Have a nice day
Hug
Kyra