Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Buzzing Around With Lots Of Energy.

February 20, 2013

Good afternoon!  Pogo and I slept a bit late this morning.  I must say it did feel good.  Then, instead of starting with the laptop first, I decided to get a few things done around here instead. First, I started the sauce for tonight's supper.  Next I put in a couple loads of wash.  (Scatter rugs - I found where Pogo decided to pee while I was at work on Monday.) 

I'm not sure where my little flash of energy came from, but it surely is welcome.  Of course, it might be the fact that Pogo and I only have eleven more days till vacation.  Yup, I think that must be it!  Yesterday, I managed to finally go through a lot of Tootsie's clothes and toys.  It's time to part with them.  Putting the clothes in a box was rather difficult because each item had so many memories attached to it.

Last night, Joe and I went food shopping.  We love the Birds Eye "Voila" frozen bags (meal in a bag).  We found a new one which looked so delicious, so I bought me one and cooked it for supper.  Oh my word!  Such a nasty dinner!!  It was "Chicken & Pasta in a Parmesan Sauce", and it was simply horrible!  The chicken was mushy, and the pasta was over cooked.  Simply nasty!

Today I have a couple of photos of a cardinal that I took Monday.  The photo was taken through the patio doors for extra texture.  (I try to be optimistic whenever I can) 



As you can see, the wind was blowing and ruffling his feathers.  I got another cute shot of this cardinal with his head crest all mussy from the wind but I will have to dig it out and crop it.  Now I have to go check on the laundry.

I'd like to get a few more things done here before Janet gets here.  Today is Wednesday, and I look forward to her visits.  Folks, everyone should have a daughter in law like her.  She's top of the line "A-1".

Now I need to get busy here again.  The vacuum cleaner is in the corner waving to me.  lol.  So till tomorrow, Y'all have a fabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

3 comments:

The Queen Jester said...

Beautiful cardinal. One of the few birds that seem to look even lovelier in the winter snow. I suppose because it pops that gorgeous red color so much.
The countdown to Florida has begun and I hope it warms up nice for you and Pogo when you are there. It's rainy and cold today in Arizona but next week is looking better.

aquascrap said...

What a beautiful bird the Cardinal is! I love his vibrant red colour.

Please send some of your buzzing over to me. As you are over your snow I am so over this heat. We did get a slight cool change but it quickly warmed up again to temps in the high 30's.

I am so looking forward to Autumn. Still nice days with cooler evenings but then we can skip Winter and go straight into Spring.

Have a nice evening with Janet.

Hugs
Judy xx

smiekeltje said...

What an amazing flash of activity LOL!
Well, it sometimes happy and that is a good thing. Don;t overdo it, you hear!!!! On the other hand, it might frighten the dust bunies and you get rid of them in that way ROFL.
Hopefully you had a great time with Janet.
Oh, and the "all ready"meal: they are sometimes handy, but only a couple of them are a bit "eatable", still best is making something "fresh".
Have a wonderful day!
Hug
Kyra