Friday, February 8, 2013

EXTRA POST - JUST IN CASE

February 8, 2013

Well folks, it's 9:40 p.m. and that NEMO is a mean one, yes he is!  It's been snowing all day, and a bit windy.  However, by late afternoon, the snow had picked up and thickened up, and the wind started to howl.  My goodness, you should see my gentle giants (trees) bending and swaying in the breeze.  Well, it's not quite a breeze, it's more like a small hurricane. 

My daughter Dee Dee lives five minutes away by car, and they lost all their power more than an hour ago.  Our lights have been flickering on and off for the same length of time.  We are slowly getting buried here under a lot of snow.  The generator is out in the shed (with a window open, of course) so we won't be able to go out and start it should the power go all the way out. 

Unless it goes out in the next hour while Joe is still up.  After that, it has to wait till morning.  Other  than that, we are all okay.  If I don't post again in the morning, it means that we have lost the power.  So, on that note, I'll say good night, and I'll be back when I can.  Y'all stay safe and have a good night.

Hugs, Edna B.

1 comment:

smiekeltje said...

That blizzard already was on the news here, and I am sure it will be again today.
I hope you will not loose power, cannot imagine really how that is, being out of power for hours or even days.!
It looks as if nature is protesting louder and louder the last couple of years, against mankind that interferes too much in it.
Anyway, I hope you all will stay safe and will not have too much trouble.
You were really a beautiful women, Edna!
Stay safe and warm.
Hugs
Kyra