Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Lots To Do Today

November 23, 2010
*
It's a cool, sunny morning here in New England. Well, sort of sunny. Every now and then the sun peeks out from behind the clouds. Today will be a busy day for lots of folks, including moi. Besides laundry, I have a bit of shopping to do.
*
I've asked what the dwarfs do and don't like for Thanksgiving dinner, and I guess it's decided that we will most likely have a ham. I'm not sure yet what will go with it, but I still have time to decide. Maybe I'll make a pan of lasagna. I haven't decided.
*
I didn't do much in the way of designing last night. Mostly Miss Tootsie and I just rested up a lot. Maybe today, I can address some more holiday cards too. It's not so easy to get in the holiday mood these days. It's just not the same without Mr. B. and Uncle Moo, and Miss Tootsie doesn't really get excited about it.
*
For today's photo, I have one that I took in Florida last March. I think this is a cowbird, but I'm not sure. It could also be a rusty blackbird. It's hard to tell in my bird books. If any of you knows for sure, please let me know. Anyway, this little bird was very busy looking for good stuff to use to build her nest.
*
Now I think it's time for me to get dressed and start in on some of my errands. They won't get done just by thinking about them. Till tomorrow, Y'all have a wonderful day.
*
Hugs, Edna B.

2 comments:

Nani said...

What a sweet birdie!

David and I are going on a little getaway in Kentucky for Thanksgiving, taking advantage of some better prices with the time his work schedule allows. I’ll be doing the stuffing and cranberry relish for dinner at my Dad’s Saturday. I guess I’ll catch up my layout a day on Sunday!

Thanks for the reminder on the rest of All Aboard! I’ve been pretty busy ad when not busy, exhausted from therapy lately. I have already done two layouts without even having all the kit. I think I’ll use it plenty!!

May you and the dwarves have a wonderful Thanksgiving and going into the Christmas season may you have more happy days and happy memories blue ones.

smiekeltje said...

Yummie, a ham sounds good! May be you also could cut some potatoes in not to big chunks, some salt and pepper over it, if you like it a little bit of garlic, do some chunks of butter in a dish, potatoe chunks in itput the oven on pretty high temperature, and let it there for about half an hour. once or twice stirr them up, then with a fork or so try if they are well cooked, let them have a little bit of crunchy "jacket". When ready, yu could chopp perhaps a bit or parsil and put that over the potatoes.
As vegetable anything fits, even just a simple green salad, perhaps a bit of cranberries and some sour cream on the table for the ham and potatoes and you'll have a festive dinner! Easy and yummie.
I understand that those holidays aren;t the same for you anymore, but I hope you still will be able to enjoy it, in another way.
Hope and wish you a happy Thanksgiving!
Hugs
Kyra