Wednesday, November 17, 2010

It's A Rainy Gray New England Morning

November 17, 2010
*
My goodness, the rains did finally get here. It's gray, wet and windy outside this morning. Not the best day for the rain to get here. Eddie and Bobby were able to put up half of my fence yesterday, and we were hoping to finish it today. If we get a break in the weather later, I'll take my camera out and get some photos of the new fence.
*
You know, I was busy all day yesterday, and I don't seem to have anything to show for it. I made a lot of important calls, paid bills, worked on one blog book, washed dishes, and made up my card list. Doesn't seem like much, huh?
*
I don't have any more news about Erik's condition. About all Snowy has said is that there is no change yet. Maybe that will be good news. Sometimes when the body sleeps, it heals. I just hope that Snowy is able to spend some more time with him before she has to go back home.
*
Today, Miss Tootsie and I do have to go out in this wet stuff. Tootsie has a doctor appointment this afternoon for a checkup to see if the new medicine is helping. And I probably should stop at a store and pick up fresh milk and some more doggie food. Getting out to do errands is not so easy anymore. I have to wait until someone is here to stay with Tootsie. Ah well, as long as I have deli meat, Tootsie won't miss the doggie food.
*
Today's photo is one of our little resident woodpecker. He is starting to get used to us, I think. He won't fly away until we get within a few feet from his feeder. Instead, he hangs on to the feeder and watches us. The beautiful color in background is what is left of the color on my Japanese Red Maple Tree.
*
I think it's time now for me to get started on my day. I still have a lot of things on my "To Do" list to finish. In between everything, I'm trying still to get Howie setup in a nice nursing home. It will be good to at least get that done soon. Well, I'm off now. Till tomorrow, Y'all have a wonderful day.
*
Hugs, Edna B.

No comments: