Friday, November 26, 2010

Big Shopping Day Today!

November 26, 2010
*
It's 5 am, and I've been up for hours. Sad to say, I had me a lovely nap last evening, and that kind of wrecked any thoughts of sleeping through the night. You'd think I'd learn!
*
I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving Day. I most certainly did. Three of the dwarfs, Miss Tootsie, and me of course, had a feast with baked ham and lasagna, and assorted nibbles. (Olives, cranberry sauce, biscuits, etc.) This was followed up with apple crumb pie. Mmm, Mmm, Mmm.
*
In between the cooking, I was able to watch a lot of the Macy's Thanksgiving parade on television, and some great shopping on HSN (one of the shopping channels). There were so many fantastic buys, I had to contain myself from buying all the goodies. lol. However, this is certainly a great way to do a lot of your holiday shopping.
*
Snowy had a bit of good news yesterday. Erik was awake, and able to hear CeCe (his son's mother) speaking to him and he watched a bit of TV. He still has a long row ahead of him. There is still some bleeding in the brain, and his right side is paralyzed. He will be needing a lot of physical therapy in the coming months.
*
I have to get ready for work shortly, so I'll be finishing this post a bit later.
***
I'm at work now, and yes, I have the shopping channel on TV on here too. At least while the Mrs. is asleep. Gosh, it wouldn't do to miss out on any fantastic shopping values, now would it! Everyone else is out among the crowds at the stores scooping up some really wonderful values. I just don't have it in me to fight the crowds. The last time I got up early to wait in line at a store for the early bird specials, I almost got trampled. To make matters worse, it was raining (like today) and I got soaked too. Now I sit in front of my TV and watch the sales on the shopping channel.
*
Today I have a couple of sea gull photos to share with you. These were taken last month. I know some folks think that these birds are pesky, but I think they are just beautiful. Their faces are so expressive. This first photo shows a beautiful wing spread. The gull is looking over the goodies in the dumpster, trying to decide which one to eat first.
*
And this next little fellow is just a cutie. We were tossing french fries out to the birds, and this little kid was watching to see if one was coming his way. I love the expression on his (or her) face.
*
Now I must stop playing and start working. Mrs. will be waking shortly and wanting her breakfast. Till tomorrow, Y'all have a marvelous day.
*
Hugs, Edna B.

1 comment:

smiekeltje said...

Haaha, I am curious if you could hold yourself back in not to shop too much from the channel!!!
Glad to hear your Thanksgiving dinner went well and it sounds just yummie!
You'll have a great day and hopefully next sleeping time will be better for you!
Hugs
Kyra