Saturday, June 19, 2010

Thank You For Your Help

June 19, 2010
*
Yesterday started off rather nice, but then turned hot, hot. hot!! Today promises to be another scorcher. So instead of going to the beach yesterday, Tootsie and I spent the afternoon in Janet's backyard, sitting in the shade and drinking iced coffee and iced tea. Yes, Tootsie too! She drank almost half of my iced coffee!

Before I go any further, I want to say thank you to Kyra and everyone else who has been nice enough to send me corrections and names when I don't know the name of a plant or bird. After all these years, I now know the name of my beautiful white flowering bush that I showed photos of yesterday. It's Deutzia.

While we were at Janet's, I photographed some of her plants and flowers. Now, Janet has a cat (one of several) named Patches, and Patches is not thrilled with dogs. So she kept her eye on Tootsie, even when it looked like she was napping. If Tootsie got too close, it would only take one pounce to show who the boss was!! This is Patches keeping an eye on Tootsie through half closed eyes. She looks so happy to see my Tootsie, doesn't she?





















I got some nice flower photos too, but I'll save them for another day. While I was walking through the garden, I noticed a fly busy feasting on nectar (I think). It sat right there while I crept up close to get a photograph. Now mind you, I definitely do NOT like flies. But I will take photos if given the opportunity.
*























With that, I'll be off to start my day here. Tonight starts my long work weekend, so there is laundry to do. And I'm sure that most of you have shopping to do for your Dad. Tomorrow is his big day. So till tomorrow, Y'all have a fantabulous day.
*
Hugs, Edna B.

No comments: