Tuesday, June 29, 2010

My Handsome Guys

June 29, 2010
*
It's a beautiful morning so far. Not too hot yet, but the heat will smack us in another hour or so. Tootsie and I just got back from her morning chemo appointment. We have a busy day today, filled with doctor appointments. Two for Tootsie, one for Moo and one for me. Phew!

Can you believe? In all that nasty wicked heat yesterday, my guys were hard at work in my yard! These guys are really fantastic! I was looking at some sale papers, and I may change my mind about the living fence. I just might have the guys put up a wooden fence instead, and plant some pretty things on my side of it.

I took photos of the guys in the yard this past Saturday and made a layout. Before I could post it here, I had to wait to ask permission. I always try to get permission before posting any identifiable photos here. Here's my layout. Those two handsome guys on either side of my son in law are my grandsons. Do I sound proud? Yeah, you bet!!
*




Tucked beneath a large evergreen shrub at work, is a beautiful coral rose bush. Somehow it manages to stick one of it's branches out from under to show off a gorgeous bloom.
*
Not far from the rose is a tall yellow beauty getting ready to open. I took this photo because it was so interesting. Note how everything, including the petals, is covered with tiny hairs. Mother Nature does try to protect all of her babies.
*
Now it's time for me to hop into the shower, and wash my hair. After all our appointments are done for the day, I need to do a bit of work on my July DD previews and get them all uploaded. Somehow we got all the day numbers mixed up and I have to change mine. You remember that old saying "No rest for the weary?" Hmm? Oh well, that's what makes our days interesting.
*
DIL Janet will be here in a while to babysit Miss Tootsie so that I can go to my appointment. It would be nice if we could leave Tootsie alone for a while to get things done but it is not to be. She has panic attacks when she is left alone, and her seizures could start up again. I never did find out why this is, but it's okay. We just don't leave her alone.
*
I'm off now to get busy here. Till tomorrow, Y'all have a truly fantastic day.
*
Hugs, Edna B.

No comments: