Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Challenges Make Learning Great Fun

June 9, 2010
*
What a great way to start our day! Lots of sunshine and not too hot. I could happily tolerate this sort of weather all year round. Even if don't get to go outside, just looking through the window can make me happy.

I did not make it to the baseball game last evening, things were a bit busy here. But later in the evening I did do a bit of research for a layout. This one is for a challenge at the forum at Moo Two. http://mootwodesigns.com/forum/ This month the layout is to be about the flora and fauna, and a bit of history about Holland. I thought of my friend Kyra there, and really enjoyed my journey through the history of Holland.
*
Speaking of challenges, the newest challenge at Magickal Scraps seems to be coming along quite nicely. Both Snowy and Kyra have started writing a new book. If you haven't been by to visit at the forum, you really should just to be able to enjoy following these new books. Remember, it's free to join. Just bring yourself and enjoy the fun challenges. http://www.magickalscraps.com/.

Today, I have a few photos to share. The first is of a beautiful purple clematis.






















These next two photos were just a lovely surprise for me. I was standing by the patio door at work, holding my camera and looking out to see if there were any birds to photograph when suddenly this big, beautiful Red Bellied Woodpecker flew right up to the feeder. What a stroke of luck for me!!! Gosh, with this kind of luck, I could really make a nice dent in a nature photo book!!


























I also completed the brush challenge at the Magickal Scraps forum with brushes by Anigraphuse. They were fun to play with, and here are a few papers that I made with them.
*

Now I think I will make a cup of coffee, and get started on my "Holland" layout. Till tomorrow, Y'all have a fabulous day.
*
Hugs, Edna B.

No comments: