Saturday, December 20, 2008

Snow, Snow, And More Snow!!

December 20, 2008

When I got up this morning, I looked out the window to see how much snow we got overnight. faint! faint! We were not only buried under tons of snow, but during the night the town plows kept piling all the crap from the street right in front of our driveway. This morning it had turn to a frozen pile. Needless to say, no one was getting out of my yard until a plow came along to open up my driveway.

Want to know when the snow plow called yesterday to come and plow us out? He called at midnight. Can you believe it? I told him there was no way I was going to drag all the little dwarfs out of their beds and send them out to move their cars. So he said he's be by in the morning. At 10 am, I called him to get an idea of when he might be coming, and he said most likely late in the day. Again, I had to tell him this was not cool. I needed the yard plowed earlier in the day, because we had to get out and I had to be able to leave for work on time. He came around 1:30 pm.

Of course, through all of this, it is still snowing, and it looks like we might only get one day without snow before Christmas. That will be the day that Tootsie has her beauty salon appointment. she has to get spiffed up so that she looks really nice in her new Christmas dress. She has a pretty red velvet holiday dress this year.

Tomorrow, I'll be posting the "Chanukka 2008" kit, and tonight I'm going to share my two page layout that I made for my Recipe Challenge at Magickal Scraps. It sound delicious, and only has a few calories. YUM! Hope you like it. I used Snow Raven's brand new kit, "Winter Solstice." This is a great kit, and you can buy it at the shop at Magickal Scraps. http://www.magickalscraps.com/.

I'm off to spend some time with my little girl now. Tootsie's been waiting patiently all day for her playtime with Mommy. She's having a tough time with this "tennis ball withdrawal" thing. I feel so bad for her. We haven't figured out yet how to make the new tennis ball resemble the old tennis ball. We wish you a great night.
Hugs, Edna B.



























1 comment:

Mary Ann Roesler said...

Oh Edna, Did your grape pizza bring back memories. There is a famous place in Stillwater, MN that has the most beautiful historic hotel called the Lowell Inn. For our 30th wedding anniversary we spent the evening there and had a lovely dinner in a Bavarian style carved room. All we were asked was if we wanted shrimp or meat. Each course came with a special bottle of wine. It was Fondue for the main entre. But the dessert was outstanting. A Sunday style glass filled with green grapes with sour creme and topped with brown sugar and of course the last bottle of wine. We could hardly make it to our room which was fully "dressed" even with a Kitty on the bed. (Ceramic of course, but in Wakasha at the St. James you can order a real cat in your room, I understand). Such a wonderful memory of 16 years ago presented in your beautiful work. Thanks for sharing and a new approach to an old finish to an evening.

Enjoy!

Mary Ann