Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Little Computer Snags

December 17, 2008

Sorry about no post last night, but Wayne was by to help me to resurrect my favorite music playing program. After a couple of hours, we had to call it quits. it seems that Yahoo bought out the program company (or something like that) and unless I go for the absolute newest version, nne of the others will run on my computer. I tried the newest version, but it was so completely different from anything I had ever seen, I decided against it. Now I have to deal with Windows Media Player until I find another program that I like.

Yeesh!! The trials and tribulations of trying to remain computer literate. After all was said and done, I was too pooped to pop, so I turned in early. My brandee new teenie weenie camcorder that I order for myself arrived yesterday, and Wayne tried to show me how to use it with the computer. Time will tell if anything he showed me sank into my brain. Gosh, though, it's the cutest little camcorder I ever did see. And it's pink!!

This afternoon, I've been trying to wrap up all the loose ends for the January Daily Dowloads for Magickal Scraps, but for some reason, my computer decided to do a crazy blitzy thing. All of a sudden it decided that I had corrupt program files, and wouldn't let me do any more work until I did a disk check. So there went another hour. At the moment, all seems to be okay, and I hope it stays that way.

Because of all the bad weather, we had to put a hold on repairing the roof. We've been having lots of rain and snow, and you can't climb around on the roof in this weather. Tomorrow is supposed to be our only nice day for a while, so the roofing crew is going to try to do the job tomorrow. Maybe when I get home from work tomorrow afternoon, I'll get a nice surprise.

I finished a new layout for the "ABC Letter D" challenge at Magickal Scraps. It features my very first grandchild, who is now a grown man. "Bob-O'Link" was such a cutie, and I was trying out new lenses for my Polaroid Camera. This one was for taking double exposures in one shot. Hope you like it.

One of my favorite programs is coming on soon, and I have to finish up a couple more things before I close up sjhop. Have a great night.
Hugs, Edna B.

"Double Trouble"

Credit: Background - Absolute Cross

2 comments:

smiekeltje said...

Hello Edna,
Wowser you had your part of trouble also! Hope all is sorted out now and that they can finish your roof! A lovely layout for the challenge, I like the "double"picture and the title, haha.
Take it easy and you will finish to have all you wanted too, I am sure, but I can say it easily, I must do also, but have the same trouble. LOL
Have a very nice day,
Hugs

Nani said...

Sorry to hear about your computer woes, Edna! I hope everything stays okay! The teeny tiny camcorder sounds sweet! And in pink, to boot!

Kaline is crawling around on the desk. She wants to say "hi" to Tootsie! She also wants to know ... if she got you to fix her old ball?

Kaline had a very torn-up foam ball when she was a kitten. The foam balls were in a 4-pack from her Auntie Sherrie, but her favorite one was the yellow one, the first one we gave her from the pack. When it was time for a new one because the “used to be yellow and round” ball was on its last leg, she refused the new one. She even got in the garbage to “rescue” the old one! I guess she understands Tootsie’s withdrawal!

I wish I could offer a suggestion on a music program! I use iTunes, which either came with the Mac. Even though they keep updating it with stuff I don’t use, I love the basic program. I don’t know if they make it for Windows, though.

If you stop over to my blog, you'll see what’s been keeping me so busy ad not blog reading the last couple weeks. Well, part of it anyway! :D