Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Today It Finaly Happened

December 10, 2008

Oh boy! It finally happened!! All my years of taking care of our fragile elderly are finally coming home. I went to the post office today to mail some holiday packages, and on my way out, a young lady was coming in. She smiled at me and held the door open and said "You first, Sweetie." I laughed so much at first, and then the sadness settled in. I'm now finally a LITTLE OLD LADY!!!!!

To top it all off, there are some nice folks in the scrapping world who call me "Mum." I guess it's my destiny. I suppose though, it wouldn't be proper to be living here with eight little dwarfs, plus Grumpy Dwarf, unless I really was a little old Mum. So be it!

I've been working on my water globe some more, and I definitely need some help. If any of you knows how to make the glass globe look like a glass globe, please let me know. I've made another layout that I will share. This one was made for my dear friends Rhoda and Marshall.

For many, many years, Marsh was my "main Santa" on Christmas Eve, as long as it didn't fall on Friday. If it did, Marsh would join us later in the evening, and Santa #2 (Moo) would do the honors on that night. One year, one daughter could not to our house on Christmas eve with her children, so Santa #3 (our friend Bill) made a special trip to her house. In the early years, my son Jr even had a turn being Santa when the big fellow got tied up somewhere.

Santa has even made hospital trips and random drives up and down neighborhoods to wave at little children peeking out their windows. What a thrill it would be to see the look in their surprised eyes. Santa lives on, and I will always believe.

I have to leave now. My program, "Top Chef" is coming on in a few minutes. Have a great night.

Hugs, Edna B.








1 comment:

Unknown said...

Love reading your blog. Your layouts are great, love this last one, I do hope that`s a qp!?! Have a great one....