Thursday, July 9, 2020

The Muggies Are Here

July 9, 2020

Good morning.  It's sunny this morning and the hot, sticky muggies will be here shortly.  Temps should hit ninety degrees today and I guess the warm stuff will be here a while.  Along with a new storm named Fay.  Fay is supposed to be bringing us tons of rain.  

Yesterday I promised to take a photo of the neck warmer/hat sets.  This photo shows six of them.  Two different shades of blue, light grey, camouflage, orange and green.  There were two green sets, but I've already given one of them away.


Now I'll have to concentrate on the navy afghan and a purple poncho.  Hopefully, in between these two projects, I'll be able to try some rock painting.  I need to do this out on the porch though, so I'm hoping for a lot of nice days with comfortable weather.  I also found a fingerless glove pattern that I might like to try.  sigh,  So many fun things to do, so little time.

I found a couple more adorable crochet tee shirts.  One says:  "Soft yarn Warm yarn, Little ball of fluff.  Happy yarn, Pretty yarn, I can never get enough."  The other one says "I crochet so I don't choke people.  Save a life.  Send yarn."  These are awesome sauce!
 
Something around here is eating the flowers right off their stems.  One day I have lots of gorgeous orange and yellow blossoms on tall stems, and the next day I have tall stems.  Just what critter is tall enough to eat the blooms without bending the stems?  All my beautiful Asian Lilies and one of my yellow lilies - all gone!  Here's the photo of the yellow one that I took before it got eaten.


It's clouding up outside, so maybe my phone app is right and we'll get some rain.  Then again, we may not.  My phone app is not very reliable as far as the weather goes.  

Well, that's enough of my babble for today.  I want to do a bit of blog reading before I get started looking for some fun mischief to get into.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all stay safe and have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

5 comments:

Betty W. said...

Good morning Edna, If you have any deer in the area they be the ones eating your blooms. I know they love daylily blooms. I live in an area of Kentucky that have quite a few deer, even though the deer are nice to see they can eat some flowers up. I finally hard to put up a fence around my flower garden that had a lot of daylilies in it. Betty W.

Steve Reed said...

How strange about the flowers! Could it be deer? In Florida we used to have deer that routinely ate my mom's hibiscus.

smiekeltje said...

You have quite a stash from the neckwarmers!
It is time to go to your afghan, I think. Nice to do again a bit different.
We still have rainy weather, with quite lower temperature. Next week might be more sun and a bit warmer.

Could be suirrels or chipmunks eating your lilies or the red lily beetle.
it are two of many more possibilities.

Having for a longer time nice weather would be awesome for you and then you could tryyour hand on some rockpainting. Sounds exciting.

Okay, tv time now for me(it's after 900 a.m. already here).
Have a lovely day.
Hugs
Kyra

stamps3223 said...

If you have any deer in your area I'd say they were the ones eating your lilies. I have to keep deer deterrent spray on mine or they'd have a feast.

My Tata's Cottage said...

Those are so lovely, all the beautiful colors! You are sure a talented gal. Have a wonderful weekend. HUGS