Tuesday, July 14, 2020

Lost Time

July 14, 2020

Good morning.  Tis another cloudy day, so maybe we'll get some rain today.  Yesterday's rain only lasted minutes, if that.  It started with some drops on my car while nothing was falling from the sky.  ??  Then the sky opened and the rain came down heavy.  Then it was sunny and dry.  It must be that Fay.  She's playing with us.

I seem to be busy these days, but for the life of me I cannot figure out what's been keeping me busy.  I crochet a little here and there, and do the dishes every now and then.  I bring in the mail and pay a couple bills.  All this used to take me less than an hour.  Now it takes twenty four?  Hmmm.

Aha! I think I have yesterday figured out.  I went looking for my rock painting book and then sat for a while reading it and looking at the illustrations.  I'm really hoping I can do this.  The Baby Jesus doesn't look too difficult to paint, but then it's always the easiest things that are the hardest.

Oh ya, I read a couple articles in "Writer's Digest."  I've always wanted to write a book, but I just never could.  I was this way all through college too.  Whenever I had an essay to write, I usually ended up writing it the night before it was due.  I'm not sure what the problem was, my marks were always good.

A while ago, Deanne gave me a package of a new kind of hummingbird food which I put into my new feeder that uses plastic water bottles.  The birds seem to like this food so I ordered more of it from Amazon.  


Normally, you can just make your own by mixing sugar with water.  However, I usually buy my sugar in little packets so these packages are easier for me.  

Yesterday, a squirrel came up on my porch railing to check out my new pink geranium plant.  I think I'd best get it into a hanger pot and hung up soon.  I have some new hanger hooks, so I'll have to see if Joe or Eddie can put up a few of them on the porch for me.  I need new places to hang my wind chimes.  

I'm tired today so I think a nap is in order.  Before I do that, let me share a really cute image that I've borrowed from the web.  Trust me, this is great advice!


Now I'm off to start my new day.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all stay safe and have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

4 comments:

smiekeltje said...

It is almost every time a kind of mystery for me to figure out what took all my time LOL.

Wished we had hummingbirds too here, but I;ll deal with the parakeets.

I think it is better to hang the geranium, although if a squirrel really would like to eat it, he will find a way to reach it, don;t you think?

Oh, a nap sometimes can do real good. Hope you will have a wonderful one.
Have a nice day.
Hugs
Kyra

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I like the quote at the end! I've had to set a few people free! lol Hope you've had a restful day! Hugs!

Sue said...

I think your book would be an excellent read, Edna, I love hummingbirds we have so many and they fight all the time! Just so fascinating to watch.
Good luck with the rock painting!
Great quote, but the photo is priceless.
Have a great evening,may you have a restful night and feel better tomorrow.
Blessings Sue

My Tata's Cottage said...

Oh we just bought a hummingbird feeder. Now I will try the new food. Thanks :-) I love your saying you found. Too cute HUGS