Monday, July 20, 2020

Happy Moon Day

July 20, 2020

Good morning.  It's looking really gray outside this morning.  Of course, it's really early too.  In a while, the sun will most likely be shining with temps in the low nineties.  

There's really not a lot happening here.  Seeing the mailman show up with a handful of junk mail and bills  is the highlight of a lot of my days.  But then it's that way for lots of folks now.  Who would have thought that junk mail could make us so happy?  

Or is it just seeing the mail man come around that makes us happy?  I say it's the mail man.  We know that he'll be stopping by almost every day, and he'll have paper gifts for us.  So what if it's mostly junk mail.  It's the thought that counts. 

Did you know that today is Moon Day?  It celebrates the first day that we had a man land on the moon. On July 20, 1969, Neil Armstrong became the first person to walk on the moon.  Is our flag still standing on the moon?  According to a NASA spacecraft almost all our flags that were planted on the moon are still standing.  

Today I'd like to share a new word with you.  I first heard this word while reading a blog.  It was such a fun and interesting sounding word that I had to look it up.  The word is "Soodle."  It's a verb, and it means to walk slowly.  Example: The man was obviously in no hurry as he soodled along.  (per Google)  Don't you love learning new words?  I do.  

Leave It To Beaver will be coming on soon (on TV), so I'll be finishing this post.  Before I go, let me share an interesting image that I borrowed from the web.  This is very important information for all animal lovers.  It can save a life.


Now I'm off to make a cup of coffee and do a bit of blog reading.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all stay safe and have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

5 comments:

smiekeltje said...

Having a lazy slow day, is so nice,specially when it is because you had a terrific good long sleep!So that was a good sunday for you.
When it is really sticky warm, it is good to have something easy and simple and yet tasty to eat.
Although at times it makes me more hungry when it is warm than otherwise. Don;t know why.

That baby blanket looks real sweet, like the colors used for the border.

It must be frustrating sometimes that you cannot go out and see somepeople, if only if you go to shops. But in the actual situation it is good you stay home as uch as possible, and yes, then the visit from the mailman coud be a highlight LOL.

Wehave somewhat cooler weather, but still around 20C and lots of sunshine. so we cannot complain.

Have a wonderful day,
(did you already started the rockpainting?)
Hugs
Kyra

Robyn said...

Hi Edna,

No I had no idea there was a "moon day"!.. I"m so glad you posted about this... Gosh I haven't watched Leave it To Beaver in years. I loved that show and Fathers Knows Best and the Donna Reed show.. I miss good wholesome entertainment like that...

Steve Reed said...

Lord, I hope I never have to do the Heimlich on my dog! I've never heard of "soodling" either. Interesting!

My Tata's Cottage said...

Hello my friend! I was at my other blog My Tata's Cottage.I am so mad. Some of the people are going there instead of my Phamily Blog. I can not get the comments to post. It is so aggravating. I suppose I should not have set up a second blog. I wish I knew more to deal with this. So frustrating.
We have the heat wave continuing. We thought the temps were dropping into the 80's but no luck yet. It is so darn hot.
Stay cool and enjoy your week. I shred more junk mail every day if the mail shows up at all. I would love to work in my yard but the heat is too much.
I have four little windows panes on our front door shaped like fans. I took construction paper and covered them up. The heat was getting to me and our basement is cool as a cucumber. LOL!
If I don't laugh I will cry. Did I tell you Logan turned one on the 19th? That sixteen pounds of pure joy is happy and carefree. We will celebrate his birthday at their house this weekend. He is a sweet boy. :-)
Take care and enjoy your week. HUGS xo

Theresa said...

Soodle, never heard of that but I sure do soodle a lot:) Enjoy your day dear friend, hope it's a cooler day for us all. HUGS!