Wednesday, July 29, 2020

Granny Gets A New Bike Too

July 29, 2020

Good morning.  Tis another steamy day here in my little part of New England.  I did get up early but I've been busy.  It seems there are always tons of little things to do that don't seem very important but they take a long time to do.  

I did some research on how to save favorites, and how to add things to the other pages on my blog.  I will be adding another crochet pattern to the pattern page.  LV, I'll get in touch with you to help you with posting links.  Robyn, I'll be posting that pattern on my pattern page sometime today.

I also need to do a bit of updating on my blog.  It's been such a really long time since I've taken the time to keep it up to date.  So it looks like I'll be busy most of the day on this laptop.  But that's a good sign.  These past few months I haven't had much of an interest in working on my laptop.  

Today I have some fun photos to share.  Alena wasn't the only one to get a new bike.  Grandma and Grandpa (Audrey and Mac) got new bikes too.  Here's a photo from 1966 of Audrey on her bike.  


And here she is today with her new bike.  We never outgrow our enjoyment of bike riding.  And it's good for us too!


While I'm typing, I'm watching a tiny hummingbird enjoying his feeder on my porch.  They really are awesome little birds.  I have some new bird nests that need to be hung in the trees, but I want to look for some hummingbird nests.  If there is such a thing on the market, I'd like to get a couple for my yard.  

My grandson Kevin and a friend of his went to Boston and the friend took these photos of Kevin and his car.  This one had such a beautiful background that I just had to share it here.  Kevin bought the blue lights for his car and his Dad helped him install them.  It's been a long time since I've been to Boston.  I didn't realize that it could be so pretty.


The white charcoal pencils that I had ordered came in the mail a few days ago.  These are used to draw on my rocks before I paint them.  I guess I'll have to give that a  try pretty soon too.  I haven't painted in such a long time.  I'm hoping I haven't forgotten how to do it.  Ah well, we'll soon see.

Now I'm off to do some blog reading.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all stay safe and have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

4 comments:

Robyn said...

HI Edna!
Oh thank you for telling me about the patterns in your post.. I love love the bicycles! Both the old and the new.. I also want to add some pages to my blog as well but I'm also still trying to figure that out. I LOVE hummingbirds. I have three little ones who have been coming back year after year and if I sit at my dining room table I can watch them come to the feeder every morning. They just make me happy. I have no idea if there are hummingbird nests but now I'm curious if there are. I didn't know you painted rocks.. You are talented Edna! The photo is beautiful I'm wondering if that is Boston Harbor?

Barbara said...

Kevin looks so handsome with his car near the bridge in Boston. A really great photograph.

It sounds like you have several things going on right now -- all of it interesting with just enough challenge to be interesting.

smiekeltje said...

What a beautiful car kevin has(and great photo it is).

I looked around a little bit on the net according the hummingbird nests and I will send you two links by mail with interesting info perhaps.

It's getting much warmer here too today and tomorrow will be into the 30's C!!nly for one or two days and then going to arpound 21C again. Rollercoaster weather, like always here.

Have a wonderful day(oh, lovely bike Audrey has now LOL).
Hugs
Kyra

Steve Reed said...

That IS a great photo with Kevin and his car!