Wednesday, May 29, 2019

Rain, Rain, Go Away, Pogo And I Want To Play

May 29, 2019

Good morning.  Tis very gray outside today.  We're expecting rain by this evening, and according to my phone app it will rain every day through next Monday.  That's as far as my weather forecast goes.  Now I ask you, where is all this rain coming from?  Doesn't Mother Nature know that it is almost June?  And how are the new plants supposed to grow with all this rain?

I guess I foresee a big increase in food prices by next year (if it takes that long).  The country has been inundated with so much rain all year that it must be difficult to grow food crops, both for us and for the animals.  Thank goodness I like peanut butter.  And Jello, I love Jello.

Folks, I'm only kidding.  Pogo and I will not go hungry.  I keep my freezer stocked with Pogo's burgers, and I really do like the simple foods. Especially pasta.  I would just have to eat smaller portions of it so that I didn't get overly plump.  (Who am I kidding?} hahaha!

Speaking of food, my Pogo loves his Chinese food.  Mostly just the Pork Lo Mein and the Pork Fried Rice.  Last week when DIL Janet was here, we ordered Chinese food for our supper.  I took this photo of Pogo enjoying his meal.


I do have a photo of the pink afghan to share.  I was going to wait until I had more rows on it, but at least this photo shows all three colors of yarn that I'm using. 


The pink is a very light pink, the variegated is "Melon Berry." and the third color is "Salmon."  In person, it really is quite lovely. 

My grandson Bobby is supposed to be coming by to do more garden work for me, but with all this rain, it just isn't feasible.  Maybe next week?  I did take a photo of him while he was helping his Dad take down the porch screen covers.  Here he is folks.  This is Bobby, my very first (and very handsome) grandchild. 


As I look out my door, it almost looks as if the sun is trying to peek down on us.  Hmmm, there are some rain drops on my car, so I guess we'll be getting a few drops intermittingly before it gets heavier this evening. 

Now I'm going to take my leave and do a bit of blog reading.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a fantabulous day. 

Hugs, Edna B.

3 comments:

Angelicastar said...

I did read your blog yesterday but I was just surfing the web. I was too tired to do anything else. I had a late Doctor appointment and was caught in the rush hour traffic. Oh well farmer brown here (me) (lol) is not doing so well in the vegetable garden department this Spring. You would think my tomatoes are plum tomatoes they are so small. They are very good, but tiny. I did get a chance to put some of the greens, squash, and green beans in freezer bags in the freezer. I think I have enough to last until fall gardening time. They will do what they can to raise the prices on food and the rain will be their excuse. I love chicken and fish and has enough veggies to last me for a while. Have a great rainy day. It look like we might get some too.

Annsterw said...

He is very handsome! Fingers crossed that we will all continue to be able to afford to put food on our tables. UGH

Kathy said...

It finally stopped raining here so maybe our good weather is heading your way. Hope so. You have one handsome grandson.