Thursday, May 23, 2019

Lots Of Good ZZZ's

May 23, 2019

Good morning.  Today is a bit cloudy with a nice breeze.  The temperature is at 62F degrees, and will rise to around 71F degrees by this afternoon.  A pretty nice day.  We should be getting a little rain by this evening.  At least according to the app on my phone.

Well, this morning I woke very late.  It was around 9:45 a.m.  Last evening I fell asleep very early because it had been a long busy day.  I had been up since 4 a.m. and did not fall asleep until around 10 p.m.  I haven't got this much sleep all at once in a long time.  It felt really good.

Yesterday, Cliff came by to overhaul the lawn tractor, and this morning he came by early to finish up the job.  It sounds pretty good now.  Shortly after I got up, the mailman came with the mail.  Wow!  things are happening pretty fast today.  Before I got to make myself a cup of coffee, I decided to sweep and mop the floors.  Hmmm, I should have made my coffee first. 

Today I thought I would share some cute photos I took a couple days ago of a little robin who was taking a bath in a small puddle in the driveway. 





I tried to take a video, but I was having trouble finding the video button on the camera.  I didn't even know if I got a video at all until I had a look at the photos.  Here's my video.  It gets a little wonky at the end (I was trying to find the button to shut it off) but at least you can watch this cute little robin splashing around in the puddle.


As you can see, I love watching the birds and the little critters around here.  I even enjoy our visits from the turkeys.  There is one turkey who is here most days all by himself.  I guess he likes it here. 

I can see that today is going to be another busy day for me.  I have a couple loads of laundry to do and I need to make a pie.  I promised DIL Janet that I would make her favorite, Strawberry, for tonight.  She changed our Wednesday nights to Thursday because she took up boxing on Wednesday evenings. 

But first, I'm going to make myself a cup of coffee.  And, I'll have my breakfast for lunch.  Now I just have to decide what to make for our supper.  I won't get to work on my pink afghan until after supper.  It is looking really pretty.  I'm on to the second color now, and I've decided to use a third color because I'm not sure if I'll have enough of the light pink yarn to finish.  I bought the pink yarn at a sale and I can't get more of it. 

Now I'm off to put in a load of laundry and get that cup of coffee.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

4 comments:

LV said...

Glad I am not the only one that still calls evening meal supper.

Kathy said...

We got a really quick thunderstorm here. It must have lasted all of 5 minutes. Hope yours is like that.

Love your little robin video. I do that with my videos too. Sometimes even when I am taping the sermon on Sunday at church. The pastor will suddenly disappear. Oops!

Angelicastar said...

I did laundry yesterday. My son usually do his own but he was letting it pile too high and I did his and mine. I know his dirty clothes laundry hamper is in the garage but it was still beginning to be too many. It takes him forever to wash anyway. (lol) I did too much and my body was so stressed I couldn't lay down very long. I had to keep getting up. My sister hollered at me for doing so much at once but when I get started, I try to finish what need to be done. I am doing better today and can relax because all I need to do today is cook and it will be a quickie. (Liver with sautéed onions, mash potatoes and gravy and I might do a few green beans. Hope you and Pogo have a wonderful day.

gypsyrose said...

Your Robins look so much bigger than the ones we have in the UK love the little vidoe Strawberry pie sounds nice save me a bit lol hope your day has been a good one x