Monday, May 6, 2019

Hugging An Animal Is Good For Your Heart

May 6, 2019

Good morning.  It's looking like today just might be a really nice day.  The sun is slowly peeking out in between light rains.  The temperature is 50F degrees, and will soon be up to 60F degrees.  I can start shutting the heat off during the day, but will have to put it back on at night.  At least for a while.

I don't think I accomplished very much this weekend.  Pogo and I just sort of lazed about most of the day yesterday.  When Joe came in from a short fishing trip, I got him to get the big bag of dirt out of the deck box.  We set it on one of my steps, and today I'm going to plant some tomatoes and basil.  I may even plant my lily bulbs in big flower pots and keep them near my porch steps. 

I've looked up the address for the nearest feed and grain store so maybe later Pogo and I can take a ride to see about buying some cracked corn.  I'm thinking that it will be cheaper to by it from them than to buy a bag of it online.  The last bag of cracked corn that I bought online was too expensive for me to buy it very often. 

These past couple of evenings, I've been neglecting my crocheting.  I thought I might put a row or two on the yellow afghan every night, but some nights I just don't feel like working on it.  Like I said before, this one is for me so it's okay if it takes all year to finish.

This past week was National Adopt A Dog Week.  Folks, if you can't adopt a pet from a shelter, can you foster one?  Even part time?  Just some of your time part time can make a huge difference in a shelter animal's life.  I don't think it costs you anything but time and love to be a foster parent to a shelter animal.  Please think about it. 


 Here is another image I found on the web that lists plants that are harmful to our pets.


You'll probably have to click on the image to make it bigger in order to make out all the names of the plants. 

Here's another image that I borrowed from the web.  This one is a favorite of mine.  It makes me think of the feeling that comes over my heart every time my little Pogo falls into a really deep sleep.


 Sometimes it helps to just visit the shelters frequently and spend some time with the animals.  A little affection goes a long way.  So please folks, give it some thought. 

Well, the sun is out now, shining really bright and there's a bit of a breeze.  It might be a good time for me and Pogo to take a ride to the feed and grain store.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

1 comment:

Angelicastar said...

I wish I could foster another animal but my 3 and my illness keep me busier than I feel like being sometimes. If I visited a shelter I would have all of them at my house. (laughing) They are so cute. My son told me I retired and started collecting dogs. Oh well, he collected them for me and he is also crazy about his siblings. When he come home from work, they are all over him and he is hugging and playing with them. Milo is a happy camper since I had him. He is not abused anymore and get plenty of food. After I got him well from the starvation and abuse when I first got him, he's been doing great. He's only had an ear infection once since then. Babs and Queen love him now, but couldn't bare the thought that he was going to be living here. He is just as sweet as they are. I have the love for more but not the strength. They have to be taken care of. Hope you and Pogo have a great day.