Tuesday, September 4, 2018

TV Programming Is Becoming Offensive

September 4, 2018

Good morning.  It's another really nice day here in New England.  The temp is around eighty, the sun is shining and there's a lovely breeze.  Today won't be as warm as yesterday  However, tomorrow and Thursday are going to be hot (low nineties).  Then temps will drop down into the seventies for a few days.  Sounds like an awesome weekend coming up!

Recently, it seems like every other ad on TV was about the new program "Purge."  It is full of extreme violence, and it really offends my conscience.  Then the ads stopped for a while.  Unfortunately, they have started up again.  I find them disgusting and offensive.  I thought television was supposed to be for entertainment.  There is nothing entertaining about this program.  Sadly, cable television will be on its way out of my house as soon as I can figure out how to still get the stations that I do enjoy watching.

Last night, I finished up the Lavender dolly.  She really is rather pretty.  Here's a photo that I took this morning. 


I've started another "Minty" dolly dress.  I'm not particularly happy with the way the first one came out so I'm doing it over.  At some point, I want to make an orange one for me.  She will look awesome in my bathroom. 

Today I might work on some new quick pages after I finish a couple chores.  It will be fun working with the Fall colors.  Of course, in a couple more weeks, I'll have to start working on the Halloween pages.  Now that's fun!

I have another coloring page for you.  Dover has so many beautiful pages to color.  Click on the link (name) and check out the adult coloring books.  This page will be really beautiful once it is all colored in.  Have fun with it.


Now I'm off to read a few blogs before I start on my chores.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna .

3 comments:

LV said...

I always enjoy seeing what you have crochet and what you did for the day. You do a super job.

Kathy said...

I so agree with you about television. It used to be fun to watch but now it is all violence and offensive programming.

Your dolly is so pretty. I think an orange one would look awesome.

Theresa said...

What an adorable little dolly! I love those colors! I haven't see those ads, thankfully! Have a beautiful day dear friend, HUGS!