Thursday, September 27, 2018

Having Blood Drawn Is Getting To Be Quite Messy

September 27, 2018

Good afternoon.  This morning I decided to wait in the living room for the mail truck to get here.  I don't know who the new mail person is or what their schedule is like because I haven't been able to catch up with them all week.  Needless to say, this took up all of my morning.  Finally, a substitute carrier showed up so I still don't know who my regular mail carrier is. 

Most everything I had planned to do everyday this week has not been accomplished.  Today I will try to sort through some of my yarn stash.  If I get it done, good.  If not, so be it.  While I'm sorting through the yarn, I will be looking for a pretty yellow and a variegated yarn to go with it for a new dolly outfit. 

I got an email today from the company where I purchased yesterday's new doll bodies.  It seems I overpaid on the shipping so they are sending me an extra doll body.  Well, this is good news.  Remember what I said not too long ago, "when it rains it pours?"  Yup, now it's going to be raining dollies.  Ah well, better to have the rain than no rain at all.

When I used to work taking care of the Mrs, I was always appalled at what a mess her hands and arms were after having blood work done.  Well now it's my turn to end up with a mess on my arm.  I had blood drawn on Tuesday.  When I got home and removed the bandage, wowsie!  What a mess!  I took a photo, then another on day 2 and another this morning (Day 3)..  I have never had this happen before. 

These photos show where the blood was drawn from, in the inside crease of my elbow.  (don't be peeking at the wrinkles!)

Day one
Day Two
 Day Three

On Day one, it almost looks like a thin tube has been inserted and left there.  It felt like it too.  On Day two, it was starting to get darker and looking like blood was pooling up.  Day three, the part that looks and feels like a thin tube is still there.  This is wicked strange!  Next time I have to have blood drawn, I'll be demanding a different technician do it. 

That's about all the news for today.  It's getting late and I really want to get a few things done around here.  Later, I'll take a photo of my newest blog book to share.  For now, I'll take my leave.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

2 comments:

LV said...

There was no reason for your arm to look like that. I wold report that person. We are also going through some mail carriers. Seems everyday someone new and never know wen they are coming.

Kathy said...

That arm looks wicked! I hope it clears up soon. Good luck cleaning up your yarn. I have to do that sometime soon.