Friday, July 20, 2018

Who Knew That Floatie Boards Could Be Such Fun!

July 20, 2018

Good morning.  What can I say?  Tis another glorious day here in New England.  It's sunny with temps in the low eighties and a bit of a breeze.  Pogo and I may go out later to do a couple errands.  We'll have to see how the day goes.

To update you on my guys, they both came out of their surgeries okay.  Yesterday, Sean was not feeling so good because the heavy meds were wearing off and he was feeling more of the pain.  Hopefully, this will all get better as the days go by.  Jack Jack came through his surgery okay, and his mom sent me a photo of him in recovery.  I sent her a message this morning asking how he was, so hopefully I'll have an answer soon. 

Pogo had an appointment with his doctor yesterday for a check up and to find out why he is always trying to clear his throat.  Bear with me, I don't remember all the big words but basically there is some inflammation in there and part of it keeps collapsing.  Supposedly it's quite common with these tiny doggies, but I don't have to like it. 

The doctor phoned in a prescription to the lab.  They have to make a special compound for Pogo because he can only take liquid medicine.  This morning I called the lab to make sure they had the prescription and to pay for it so it can be shipped right away.  Would you believe?   $67.00 for two weeks worth of antibiotic.  If it starts to help, he will go on another two weeks of it.

On our way home from the hospital, we stopped at Wendy's and had some lunch.  After that, we headed to daughter Deanne's house.  She had her daughter in law and both grandchildren there and everybody was having a grand time in the pool.  Needless to say, Pogo wanted to try it too.  So here are a few shots of him on Sassy's floatie board.  This is his first time, and he did just awesome!

Now I'll have to buy him his own floatie board to keep at Auntie Dee's house.  This is a great way for him to have fun and stay cool.  As you can see, he had already dipped his hind legs into the water to see how it felt.  Until he gets used to this, I'll keep his harness and leash on to keep him safe. 

This afternoon, I'll call the hospital to check on Sean.  Janet and I did not go to visit him last night because he was not feeling so good.  We're going to go see him this coming Sunday.  He lives in Florida, but he'll be staying here in Massachusetts with friends for the next couple of months while he recuperates. 

Today Pogo and I don't have any special plans.  We'll just go where the day takes us.  I think this works best for us.  Now I think I'll do a bit of blog reading.  So, till Sunday, Y'all have a fantabulous weekend. 

Hugs, Edna B.          


Theresa said...

I'll be going where the day takes me too and I hope it doesn't take me anywhere:) I am happy to stay in on this rainy day! Happy to hear that all of your loved ones are recuperating. Pogo is too cute on that board! Enjoy your day dear friend, HUGS!

gypsyrose said...

The photos of Pogo on the floatboard are lovely hes such a cutie and looks like hes having fun, the medication is so expensive hope it will sort the problem out for him.
And alsp Sean will recover from his op well too x

smiekeltje said...

Glad to hear that jack Jack and Sean both got through their surgery. Now the mending has to start, let's hope that will go on quickly and without any trouble.

Oh my, Pogo on a floating board!!!!! Wasn't he afraid at all?
If not then it is a very brave little guy.
I do hope the medicins will work well for Pogo, so he won;t need another batch!
Take care, my friend,