Tuesday, July 3, 2018

Want A Piece Of Cake?

July 3, 2018

Good morning.  Yup, it's another "steamer" today.  That's okay.  Pogo and I spend most of our time indoors where it is cooler.  Although, today I am going out for a while.  Yesterday's luncheon had to be re-scheduled to today.  The girls got a late start and didn't finish their breakfast outing until almost lunch time.  No problem.  Yesterday was their day to just have fun.

Here's a photo of the birthday girls.  My Deanne is on the right.  Yup, she's my tiny kid.  Tiny but mighty!  Aren't these girls just beautiful in their matching shirts?

 
Well, let me tell you what I made last evening.  Would you believe I made a chocolate cake in the microwave?  I did!  I bought a microwave cake maker to try.  In this heat, it's just not fun to cook in the stove oven.  Here's the cake pan I bought, along with the cake mix I used.



It comes with a white divided bowl to put the ingredients in, but it doesn't hold all of the cake mix, so I just put everything into the cake pan, mixed it all up good, then put it in the microwave.  It called for five minutes of cooking time, but I added another minute and a half (because it wasn't quite done). 

Here's my cake.  The instructions say to turn it upside down on a cooling plate, so I did.  It wasn't flat on the top so it wobbled just a bit.  I have to say that it wouldn't win a beauty contest, but it sure did taste good!


Now stop laughing at my cake.  Once it has whipped cream slathered all over it with a few pastel colored flowers for decoration, it will be just gorgeous.  Alas, I did not do any of this.  It is still yummy!

The mailman brought me two packages yesterday.  One held a card of tiny bobby pins to hold the hats on my tissue dollies.  The other package had four word find puzzle books that my daughter Audrey sent to me.  Woo Hoo!  Thank you, thank you, Audrey.  It's getting harder and harder to find my puzzle books (the big ones, not the short ones) for just one dollar.  I find that the bigger books are easier to handle when you are sitting in a chair.

I think I'm going to have to make an appointment for Pogo to see his doctor to have a check up.  He seems to be having some trouble clearing his throat.  Lately it's happening more, and it worries me.  So when I finish this post, I will make that call.  Cross all your fingers that it's nothing serious.

Now I'm off to do a bit of blog reading before it's time to get dressed for my lunch date.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all stay cool and have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

2 comments:

Kathy said...

I have never seen a microwave cake pan. I will definitely look for it. I do a lot of baking for Fellowship Time at church and in this weather who wants to heat an oven? Your cake looks good to me. I'd eat a piece with no problem.

Theresa said...

YUM, good to know that a cake can be made in the microwave:) I am sure it was delicious! I love it when I don't have to heat up the kitchen. Cute girls in their matching shirts:) Have a blessed 4th of July, HUGS!