Monday, July 9, 2018

Fifty Dollars Is Fifty Dollars!

July 9, 2018

Good morning.  It's looking to be another gorgeous day here in New England.  The sun is shining, there's a wee bit of a breeze, and the temperature is in the low seventies.  Soon though, it will rise to the upper eighties. 

I'm still trying to decide whether or not I want to go grocery shopping today.  I probably should have already gone earlier this morning.  I wanted to sign up for a new food delivery program, but I wasn't too excited about the products that were being offered.  I had the impression that I could order whatever I wanted, but I think I that's not quite how it works.  I will just have to go back and read the information over again. 

At first, I thought I might sign up for WalMart's delivery program, but considering the spaced out answers I get from most of their employees whenever I ask a question about a product, I don't think I would trust them to pick out my food.  I do know that there are a lot of really nice, smart people working for that company, but we just don't seem to have many of them at the store near me.

Today I thought I'd show you the book called "Never Quit Drawing."  Inside, it says that it takes about sixty six days of doing something over and over for it to become a habit.  So, there are sixty six double pages.  The idea is to set aside some time every day to draw until it becomes a fun habit.  Also, by the time you get to the end of the book, your drawings will be looking pretty good.  Here's the book and a photo of the first double page.



Well, yesterday, I did not get around to washing the little solar thingies.  Instead, after I ran the sweeper around a bit, I took it outside to clean it.  You can't imagine the sorts of yukky things that get caught up in the roller brushes.  Well, maybe you can.  It took me a while, but I finally got the sweeper clean.  Afterwards, I went to re-charge its battery only to find that I cannot find the charger piece.  Yup, story of my life.  If I touch it, you'll never see it again!

Rather than get stressed out, I went on Amazon and order a new charger.  I also ordered a second battery.  This way I'll always have a fully charged battery.  I also ordered a cassette converter so that I can move all my cassette music and stories to discs.  The converter will change the format to mp3.  I have a large collection of cassettes, and it will be nice to be able to save them.

I found a really funny story on the web, and borrowed it to share here with you.  This should give you a giggle or two.


Now it's time for me to get dressed, wash up the breakfast dishes, and figure out what mischief to get into today.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

5 comments:

LV said...

Love the fifty dollars. Take care and enjoy your nice weather.

Kathy said...

Oh my I love that story. It gave me quite a chuckle. I do the same thing. I order things I can't find and then they show up. Good idea to have an extra battery though. I hope you have a great day today.

Annesphamily said...

Love the fifty dollars! LOL! That was priceless! We have desert heat and it does not appear to be leaving anytime soon. Running errands early in the morning and staying close to home.
Nick seems to be getting along at the homeless shelter where he is working 1 A.M. to 9 A.M.
a gentleman passed away Wednesday night. It just broke my heart. I feel so badly for the homeless. No one wants them and so many places are bussing them and dumping them. We have so many and they are everywhere. Our kids were in Hawaii and they said it was unreal.
I am going to take it easy this afternoon until I have to venture out in the heat to pick up my hubby.
Jacey lost her job so I don't get Harrison two days a week anymore but she has a doctor appointment so he will come visit tomorrow. He is my buddy and I miss him so darn much! I bought a bunch of shorts and tops at Walmart on sale. He is the best dressed kid when he is here. THe two grammies they live with treat him well too. Carolyn is a dental hygienist so he can floss already. LOL! Lisa, Jacey's mom buys him cute clothes too. Plus my daughter Noelle and of course Grandpa Rob in Nebraska. He lives on a farm so of course Harrison has the big ZJohn Deere tracotr and an assortment of FIsher Price farms at all of our houses.
SO good to see you here. TAke care and enjoy the good weather.
I know what you mean about WalMart. There is an elderly lady at one that I frequent. She is spot on and some of the younger ones could learn a few CS skills from her.
Have agreat day and say hello to Pogo too! HUGS

smiekeltje said...

Oh, would be nice to have food delivered at home, but yeas, you muust be able to have your own choice. So be certain that it will be, otherwise you will get things you don;t like, or something like that.
Great story about the fifty dollars!
You know, I use a lot of garlic in our food, I love it and yes, it is healthy.
and if by coincidence, we will have fish this evening for dinner!
Have a lovely time at the porch, and yeah, perhaps better to try to do your shopping a bit eary in the morning, so it won;t be too warm. And then you can take your rest after it and all will be well!
Hugs
Kyra

The Queen Jester said...

Thank you for the wonderful joke! Left Brain was feeling down today and when I read it to him he laughed...priceless.