Friday, April 6, 2018

Proudly She Waves

April 6, 2018

Good morning.  The sun is shining and there is a breeze, but it is still too cold to go out and play.  For me, that is.  I like it quite a bit warmer.  It looks like we won't get out of the forties until next Wednesday or Thursday.  Gosh, whatever happened to Spring?

I've been trying to think of what I did yesterday that kept me so busy all day, but nothing much is coming to mind.  I did spend quite a bit of time making phone calls and making sure all my receipts were logged into next year's tax notebook.  Afterwards, I bought a few new scrap kits.  Hmmm, doesn't seem like much, does it?

Ah well, today I'm waiting for a fellow to come by and update one of my remote starters (for my car).  Last January, when he came out and updated the remote starter in my car, he only set one of my (hand held) starters to the new configuration. You buy these in two's.  Hopefully, after today, both of mine will work. 

During the storms that came by here last month, the beautiful big flag over the front porch got semi detached from the flag pole.  Yesterday, Joe tried to fix it but it couldn't be re-attached so he took it down.  I had recently bought a new flag, so he put up the new flag.  I love being able to look out my door and see that beautiful flag waving about in the breeze.

Today's photo is another sweet memory.  This is my hubby holding our very first great grandchild.  Her name is Hailey and she will be sixteen years old this summer.  It just doesn't seem possible that so many years have flown by.


I will have to look through some old albums because I think it's important to have these older photos scattered throughout my blog books.  It's good to have faces to go with stories.  Hopefully, someday my great great grandchildren and my great great great grandchildren will enjoy looking through these books.

Today I think I'm going to play on my laptop for a while and make a couple new quick pages.  It is so relaxing and fun to make them.  Of course, first I'll wash the dishes that are waiting in the kitchen sink.  Chores first, fun later.

I have another photo to share today.  This is another one of the hedges that grow all through the resort where my timeshare is.  They have some of prettiest shrubbery that I've ever seen.


I think today would be a good day to start my "Toss and Throw" project.  So I think I'll take a bag with me into the other room (after I do the dishes) and spend an hour tossing stuff before I settle down to create some new quick pages. 

Wow, Joe is home wicked early, so I guess it's time for me to go.  Pogo will be wanting his turkey treat.  He's already barking and running to the pantry door so he can get out in the house to Joe.  So, till Sunday, Y'all have a fantabulous weekend.

Hugs, Edna B.

1 comment:

smiekeltje said...

That greenhouse looks good! You will have so much pleasure out of it! Great spot to have some seeds growing in advance!
It is about time you will get some warmer and nicer weather. We all need to go outside some more and sniff up some spring and summer air.
Time for me now to make a blogpost.
Have a jolly good time and stay safe and get rid of that cold!!
Big hug
Kyra