Monday, April 16, 2018

Janice Swims With The Dolphins

April 16, 2018

Good morning.  Today is another gray, wet day.  The temperature is at 41F degrees, working its way up to the low fifties.  I had thought I might do some grocery shopping today but now I think I'll wait until tomorrow.  The forecast for tomorrow is sunny and a tad bit warmer.

Yesterday was another of those days where I keep myself busy doing only God knows what.  Oh well, at least He knows I'm busy.  I did put out most of my recycles.  Both barrels were full, so I could not fit all of them in.  The rest can go out today after the bins have been emptied. 

Joe told me yesterday that he will take the screen covers off my porch next weekend.  Woo Hoo!  After that, I can get everything vacuumed out there and set up.  I have a little cabinet with three drawers that I want to put out there to keep things in.  Then I won't have to be carrying the same things out there and back in every day.

I do need an electrical outlet out on the porch, so I guess I'm going to have to look into electricians.  Eddie and Kevin have been working super long hours every week, sometimes not getting a day off.  DIL Janet has a friend who does electrical work, so maybe I'll see if he can do the job.

I also want to put up a camera outside my door, with a screen in the living room, so that I can see what's going on out there and who is coming up to my door (without going to the door first).  Maybe I can have this person install this too. 

Last night, Janice (who is in Cancun, Mexico with her family) sent me some awesome photos of her and her brother having a wicked good time swimming with the dolphins and riding an ATV.




Wow, years ago, Michael and I went to Cancun, but we never saw any dolphins.  How we would have loved to play with them.  I did, however, get to climb to the top of an ancient ruin.  Oh, to be young again!

I guess today is going to be a crochet day.  There are a couple buds on my daffodils, but they will have to wait till tomorrow to be photographed.  I'm a bit too old to be playing outside in the rain.  It might be a lot of fun, but I'll have to pass.

Well, that's about all my news for today.  Now I think I'll do a bit of blog reading.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

2 comments:

Beth Reed said...

Edna,
Oh gosh I just loved the photos of Janice. How special it is to play and swim with the dolphins. You know that they love that as much as the people lucky enough to swim with them do.

I like the idea of a small cabinet to put things in so you don't have to go in and out every time you need something. Awesome Idea!!!

We had horrid storms here Friday night. They split a tree in two and it hit some cars but thankfully my son's car was parked on the other side. These storms were really bad. We even lost electricity. I got a storm alert on my phone and I decided to shut down my computer and unplug it. I am so glad I did because soon after the power went out.

You have a super day and I agree, don't go outside and play in the rain. I wouldn't want you to catch another cold... Hugs, xxx Beth

gypsyrose said...

It will be so good to get your porch opened up and all sorted ready for you to use it sounds the perfect place to sit and crochet, hope you get electric and camera sorted quickly
the photos of Janice with the dolphins are lovely what a wonderful thing to be able to do. look after yourself x