Monday, November 13, 2017

The Cooler Temps Are Here To Stay

November 13, 2017

Good morning.  At the moment, it is looking rather gray and dismal outside.  But of course, it is still early.  The current temperature is 35F degrees, but should get up to around 44F degrees later today.  The two days this week that are supposed to get up into the fifties are supposed to be rainy days.  Go figure!

Despite the cold weather, there are still some blossoms on the pink rose tree.  It feels so good to look out and see bits of pink.  There's even a lot of green leaves still on the big tree out front.  Obviously, they have thinned out quite a bit, but they are hanging in there for as long as they can.  Here are a couple shots of the roses taken this weekend.



Another plant that I have has turned to seed, sort of like a dandelion.  I don't know what the name of this plant is but it is pretty.


Well, the porch did not get done this weekend.  I did box up all the solar thingies to bring in and wash up before being packed away for the winter, but then I guess I just got side-tracked.  That's my usual, though.  Joe had said that he would vacuum the porch for me but he was busy with other stuff.  Here's a photo he sent me from his other "stuff". 


I love all the reflections in the water.  Joe is getting really good at taking photos with his phone.  He says he'll do the porch later today after work.  Hmmm, we'll see.  As I always say, "the best laid plans of mice and men"...............

We've been having some problems with the heat this past week.  Some of the rooms don't seem to be getting any heat, while others are fine.  I've put in a call to the fuel oil company for a refill on the fuel and for a service man to call me.  So far, I haven't heard from anyone.  When I finish this post, I'll have to be calling the company again. 

Last night, I did not get much crocheting done.  I spent some time on the phone chatting with a friend and I've learned the hard way not to crochet while I'm talking on the phone.  After the phone call, I decided to just go to bed early. 

This morning, I checked the tracking route of my last yarn order, and I am just so surprised at how slow the mails and shipping are nowadays.  The yarn comes from Wisconsin.  It takes at least eight days or more to get an order from there.  If you are ordering from Texas, don't hold your breath.  Their mail is even slower.  Considering the price of stamps and shipping these days, it might be best if we go back to the Pony Express system. 

Even local mailing is getting to be quite expensive.  I wonder how long it will be before we lose the current mailing system altogether.  Then what will be do?  Hmmm, something to think about.

I haven't made any plans for today.  Whatever will be, will be.  Can't get side-tracked this way.  haha.  The funny part is that I'll probably accomplish more this way.  Well, enough of my babbling.  It's time to refresh my cup of coffee and do a bit of blog reading.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh Edna,
I got a great chuckle from your post today. Yes indeed, don't hold your breath for the mail from Texas. I have put in a call and they said that perhaps the address is wrong or zip code and to be looking for it to be returned to me. Big help they were! It has been at least 10 days since I sent it off. That is longer than your yarn order. Part of me thinks that Pony Express might be faster!

I want to work on my blog. Every time I have tried something has come up so this is what I plan to do, then a walk to the store and then home for a nap. Hugs my dear friend... xxx Cisco sends lots of woof's to you both.. and I send lots of love and hugs too... Beth and Cisco

Kathy said...

We are having the same problem with our weather. I so want to get out and plant the rest of the bulbs I have but when it's warm enough, it's raining. Hope you get your porch all packed up. It's sort of sad to put everything away, but what a joy next Spring when it all comes out again. The picture Joe took is so beautiful.

I know what you mean about working on crochet or knitting projects when on the phone. Unless it's a mindless pattern I get all confused. If I have to count, forget it.

Hope you have a productive day and get a lot done.

gypsyrose said...

Love your pink rose its so pretty and the reflections on the water of your swan photo
hope you get your heating sorted need to keeep warm now the colder weather is here
Thank you for your nice comments
I used a couple of your quick pages back in June heres the link if you want to see how I used them thank you for making them

https://myaroundandabout.blogspot.co.uk/2017/06/this-and-that.html

https://myaroundandabout.blogspot.co.uk/2017/06/things-from-rainy-day.html

My Tata's Cottage said...

Hi Edna, I love reading your thoughts here. I hope you get your heating situation taken care of. As the temps get colder, we need to keep warm. We bought a heated mattress pad and the crazy thing heats my side of the bed with my hubby's control and his side stays cool. The weirdest thing. But I find these heated blankets are not worth the money they cost. We bought one two years ago and his side was always heated and mine was cold as ice. Plus it had a velvety finish and slid off the bed. So annoying!
I hope you and Pogo stay warm and you get your porch taken care of too. Joe sure took a beautiful photo with the reflection from the water. Lovely.
I am getting the crude, a cold, congestion, ugh. I have the lil one tomorrow. But he is probably the germ machine who gave this to me. I had a flu shot. Hope I stay healthy.
I feel awful anyway since the dentist picked away at my teeth to clean them, I am not a dental fan. I'd rather see the GYN doctor!
My goodness all this sexual harassment everywhere. I find it interesting most Americans have a blackout when it comes to Bill Clinton. They don't want to talk about him and his known inappropriate actions. U G H !
Anyway enough political stuff. Have a beautiful week and stay warm.
HUGS