Tuesday, November 21, 2017

Happy Sales To Y'all

November 21, 2017

Good morning.  Wowsie!  Can you believe we're almost at the end of November?  I can't believe how quickly time is flying by now.  I was so far ahead of the holidays, and now I have to scramble to keep caught up. 

The sun is shining and the temperature is 37F degrees.  However, it is supposed to warm up to about 57F degrees later on.  Woo Hoo!  Maybe today is the day that Pogo and I will make it out to do a bit of shopping. 

Yesterday was rather quiet here and I was able to get in a wee bit of a nap.  However, that didn't stop me from falling asleep really early last night, right after supper actually, for about an hour.  Then, after watching a couple hours of TV, it was back to sleep for me.

Yesterday I got a message from Amazon that a package I was expecting had been lost in transit.  Then late in the afternoon, a fellow showed up at my door with a huge box.  Aha!  The missing package.  The sad part is that I can't open the box and I have to hang on to it until Santa gets here to tell me what to do with it.  Yikes!  So now it sits in the middle of my tiny kitchen, and I'll be walking around it for the next month.

My big trees out front are losing a lot of their leaves.  One tree is almost naked, while the other one still has some leaves left.  I looked in my archives, and dug out some photos.  This first one shows that this same time a few years ago, my now naked tree, still had lots of leaves on it.


I also pulled out a couple photos of some of the flowers that were still blooming in my garden at that same time.  Blooms like this are awesome by the end of November.  At least around here with our night temperatures dipping down into the twenties a lot of nights.



We don't have much blooming at the moment.  After today though, we might get a few more pink blossoms on the pink rose tree.  We'll just have to wait and see.

If we go out today, I'll look for some new purple yarns.  Then maybe Pogo and I will stop by Ocean State Job Lot to see what's new there.  I think we'll be picking up more bird seed too.  We seem to go through it rather fast, especially now that the temperatures are a lot colder. 

This week I have to get another box ready for mailing the beginning of next week.  Daughter Audrey has a birthday the end of next week.  I think we have at least three more birthdays coming up in December.  I'll have to check to make sure all my cards are ready for mailing.

They just showed an ad on TV for a product called "Tile."  It features a very sad and lonely little stuffed panda bear who is lost and walking the streets in the rain hoping to be found.  When he finally gives up, he is found and returned to the little girl who lost him.  Gosh, what an ad!  Every time I see it I want to grab the little bear and hug him close to me.

Ouch!  I just grabbed my back scratcher and tried to scratch my back with my right arm.  I won't do that again!  I have to get creative and find new ways to do things that I normally do with my right arm. 

Is everybody keeping track of all the Black Friday sale ads?  There are some awesome sales coming up if one is up to shopping on Thanksgiving day (not me!) or in the wee hours of Friday morning.  I won't be out there with all the happy bargain hunters.  I tried this many years ago and I vowed then never to do it again.  But if you do, I wish you Happy Shopping!

Well, I think I should get busy around here so that maybe Pogo and I can get out shopping.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Edna,
I missed your blog yesterday. After my trip to the doctor I came home and laid down and slept until Jonathan woke me up for dinner. But I am caught up not.

What beautiful photos of your trees and flowers. I love the roses. I had a rosebush once that bloomed well into December. Mine was red. Several years ago Matthew took me by the house where we use to live and the rosebush was still there. Over grown as the house was vacant, but it touched my heart to see the rose bush still there. If I had a place for it I would have trimmed it back and dug it up, but I lived in an apartment that did not even have a balcony.

It is nice and brisk here. Only 50 degrees and supposed to warm up to 53 degrees today but tomorrow will be 78 degrees for our high. No rain forecasted so Thanksgiving will be nice and calm.

I will be in and out today, so I might not have a chance to call you until later on this evening. Have a great day to you and Pogo... Love, Cisco and Beth