Monday, November 27, 2017

It's Cyber Monday Shopping On TV

November 27, 2017

Good morning.  Today is rather cloudy with a bit of a brisk breeze.  The temperature is 41F degrees, not warm enough to tempt me outside.  It won't be any warmer tomorrow, but I will have to go out to the Post Office to mail off a couple of boxes. 

Yesterday was a quiet day for Pogo and me.  I kept myself busy with little things, but as I look around me, I really can't figure out what it was that I was busy with.  Hmmm, it seems that a lot of my days are like that. 

There's a channel on TV that shows a lot of the old TV shows, including The Johnny Carson Show.  I always enjoyed this show, and I still do.  The other night, (a re-run, of course) one of his guests was George Burns.  I do believe he was close to one hundred years old.  One of the most interesting things that he said was that you should never retire.  Once you retire from work, you should keep busy.  This will keep your spirit young and your body in working shape.  George never did retire from work.

Today I'm watching the Home Shopping Network on TV.  They are having two days of special shopping buys, and some of the prices are wicked good!  Most of my shopping is already done, so I'm not really shopping, but it is very interesting to watch. 

Yesterday, Jazzy performed in the Children's Christmas Special show at the Paris Cabaret.  She sang Christmas songs, and at one point, she played Olaf the snowman.   Everyone had a great time, and all the kids got to have their photo taken with Santa Claus.  Here's a photo taken yesterday of Jack, Jazzy, Alima and Lilah. 
 
 
This weekend, I'm going to see the Regular Christmas Special.  Here's a poster for this weekend's show, along with a couple photos of the Starliners.  (our waitstaff and performers)  Our Jazzy is the girl with the long dark hair and eyeglasses.
 


 
I'm really looking forward to this night out.  I always reserve the same table too.  It's a tall table with bar stool type chairs.  This way, I can see over the top of everyone's head and see the whole show. 
 
Well, the sun has come out, and that's all my news for this morning.  It's time for me to do a few things around here.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have an awesome day.
 
Hugs, Edna B.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hello Edna,
What wonderful photos of Jazzy and the kids. I just cannot believe how fast they have grown up. Those babies especially.
I am so glad that your going to be able to go out and have some fun. I know that us short folks have to make exceptions and get the spots where we can see over people's heads. I use to arrive early for all of my kids plays and awards so I could be down front, other wise I wouldn't have been able to see anything! Enjoy the show and time with your family. It is sure to be a fun night.

I don't mean to rub it in, but the weather here is just delightful. It has that wonderful crisp cool air and lots of sunshine. I know that it is getting cold where your at. Stock up now because it will not be long before Old Man Winter will be dumping snow on you.

Have a super day my friend. Hugs to you and pogo from Cisco and Beth