Tuesday, November 7, 2017

Pink Is Pretty In November

November 7, 2017

Good morning.  Tis sunny and a wee bit cool outside my door this morning.  Alas, Autumn has taken hold here, and the warmer temps are done till next year.  Pretty soon, I'll have to start counting the days till next Spring.  I'm not a big fan of Winter and cold weather.  I do love the holidays though. 

Well, yesterday was sort of quiet here.  After washing the dishes, I started going through a lot of paperwork, magazines, etc. and began sorting it all into three piles.  One for the recycle bin, one for shredding and one to keep.  I guess you could say it was a productive day as I put two bags of stuff out in the recycle bins, and filled a white trash bag of stuff for shredding.  I only kept one little plastic bag of stuff. 

I guess I'll be storing the white trash bags of shred material on the porch over the Winter.  In the Spring, Deanne and I should have enough of it bagged so that I can call the shred truck to come and shred everything all at once. 

One of the things that I kept was a letter from the facility where Laura Jean lives.  Every now and then, her personal aide, Ashley, sends me a letter with some photos to let me know how Laura Jean is and what she is busy doing. 

The day this letter was written, Laura Jean and Ashley had been busy shredding some paper goods.  In the photo, Ashley is holding up a bag to show how much shredding they had accomplished.  (See, I'm not the only one shredding!)


In this photo, Laura Jean is showing off a new pair of sunglasses.  They make her look so glamorous!


Another thing that I did yesterday was to try to finish addressing all my Christmas card envelopes.  I almost made it!  I got down to the last six, and realized that I only had four cards left (and six envelopes).  I counted everything twice, and yup, I'm short two cards.  No problem, I called the printing company and they are going to send me ten more.  They can't do two, but all ten will be at no charge.  Awesome!

While Pogo and I were out in the yard a couple days ago, I took some photos of the new blooms on the pink rose tree. 



At this time of year, these blossoms are a welcome sight.  Before I accidently killed off the yellow rose tree, it blossomed right up till Christmas.  One of these days, I'll have to see about getting another yellow rose tree.  It was such a beautiful sight to see when it was full of blossoms. 

Last night, I brought in my house plants from the porch.  Joe brought the mosquito plant in and set it up in the living room out in the house.  After a few cold nights, it will be time to dig up my dahlia bulbs and put them up for the Winter.  This won't be difficult because they are planted in large pots.

Last night, I went as far as I could on the green afghan.  I could not find one of the colors that I needed in the local stores, so I had to go online and order it.  It should be here in a few days.  I guess in the meantime, I might start another afghan with some of the new yarn that I got recently.  I have to keep the hands busy. 

Well that's my news for today.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

p.s.  If anyone has a blog of their own, could you leave me your blog address in the comments so that I might visit your blog.  Thanks.

5 comments:

The Queen Jester said...

Live is so backwards here. You're starting to bring plants in and prepare the beds for the winter and I'm planning on what to start planting now that it's cooler and they won't all fry in the Arizona sun.

Kathy said...

Hi, Edna! I read your blog every day even though I seldom comment. Those pink roses in the middle of November are such a treat! Mine usually bloom pretty late in the season also but my husband hired a landscaper who cut all of my bushes down and so no roses this year. I've been sorting through papers also. It must be the time of year to do it. Hope you have a lovely day. If you would like to visit my blog, I would love to have you do so. It's lookingatlifethroughmybifocals.blogspot.com

gypsyrose said...


https://myaroundandabout.blogspot.co.uk/


I had a blog many years ago but all my friends went to facebook so it got deleted but I missed it so started up again but everything changed and I cant get a friend list without going through google plus so sort of alone
I love reading your blog every day and see your crafting things, have a good day

Unknown said...

Hello Edna,

Just stopping in to say hello while I have my coffee. I am going to finish off this new can that I bought. I cannot see it go to waste then Karyn, Nate and I will go online to see if I can have the de-caf. I do I love my coffee so I will have to check into it and see.

Today will be busy for me. I have to be at the dentist at 11:00 and then off to have the eye injections at 2:00 pm and then home where I will do nothing for a couple of days. I had Nathan to check while he was out yesterday for the eye drops that I was hoping to use. Wow they are expensive. I will ask the girl today that does my pre optive procedure if she has another box of samples. Since she gave me a box last time she might not can give me another box but it will not hurt to ask. They really do feel better in my eyes than the regular saline drops.

I love the pictures of your Laura Jean. I smiled when I seen the bag of shredded materials since I knew that is what you have been doing as well. I also love the one of her glasses. She does look happy Edna and Glamorous!!

Your roses are so pretty. I brought my plants in already and my cactus plant has tiny little buds on the tips but that is all. I am hoping that it blooms this year. I put it in front of the sunniest window I have and hope that it will bloom. I have my fingers crossed.
I would like to get a white and a purple or red this year. My girlfriend Joyce has a yellow one. I have never seen a yellow one before.

Jonathan is off to work and I am going over to my blog. Have a wonderful day my friend... Hugs to you and Pogo from Cisco and Beth xxxx

smiekeltje said...

Your roses look so pretty. It is nice to have some blossoms still this late in the year.
Your Laura Jean looks great with those sunglasses!I didn;t have much time last week(or the energy) to read and comment on your blog. I'll make a little post on my blog that explains it all.
On to the next post. See you there.
Kyra