Friday, March 20, 2015

Spring Is Finally Here - Somewhere!

March 20, 2015

Good morning.  Gosh, if I don't type fast, it will be noon before I finish this post.  It's cold here and I just did not want to come out from under my warm covers this morning.  Even Pogo crawled in with me this morning. 

Well, I've waited all through this miserably cold and snowy winter for Spring to arrive, and that day has finally come.  According to the folks on the Weather Channel and my calendar, Spring is here!  So far I cannot find her.  Believe me, I'm looking.  I want so much to see tiny sprigs of green poking up through the snow but alas it is not happening here. 

Sometime today we are expecting snow, and then again later during the night and tomorrow before it mixes with rain.   It seems there is yet another wicked cold front waiting to come through the Northeast next week too. 

Well, the good news is that I do believe my taxes are done.  I took the last bits of information to the accountant yesterday.  Soon, he will send me all the papers to sign and mail.  TADA!!!  I celebrated last night by putting a couple of rows on the Aruba Sea afghan before I fell asleep.  (I know, I'm so exciting it's disgusting!)

On a brighter note, I have some photos to share that I thought were quite interesting.  It always amazes me at how determined and strong nature is.  Any crack in the ground is big enough for new life to start growing.   I took these photos in the parking lot at our condo in Florida.   I think that Nature's tenacity is just awesome, and something that a lot of humans could learn from.




Later today when Joe gets home from work, we'll go food shopping.  I think I'll see if they have any good looking barbequed chicken for supper tonight.  Whatever chicken is left over after supper will make a tasty salad for tomorrow's lunch. 

Well, that's about all the news I have for today.  Soon it will be time to raid the refrigerator for something tasty for Pogo's lunch.  He's already turned up his nose at the doggie food that I gave him for breakfast.  So, till Sunday, Y'all be warm and have a fantabulous first day of Spring.

Hugs, Edna B.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi,
I had a nice visit from my daughter Karyn on her lunch break. She texted me and said "Mom I hope you have something good for lunch I am starving". So I cooked dinner and will have enough left over for supper tonight. I made meatloaf, mashed potatoes and green beans. It was quick and easy.
Karyn took a picture of her plate and mailed to Jonathan. He text her back and said that "Mom is fired. I am here starving and your eating my supper." LOL... we saved enough for him. Just barely lol.

Isn't it amazing that nature is so sturdy? Plants finding a way to grow regardless if anything is in the way or not.
I took pictures of my bluebonnets Of course they are just babies and are just coming up sporadically, but they will be pretty.

Spring is here but she is going to be nasty today. We have a huge storm coming in and it is stalling out. We are under flash flood warnings and they said some areas here can see up to 6 to 8 inches of rain. It was supposed to have been here last night but so far hasn't made it. I took a look at the radar a little bit ago and it looks pretty bad.

I haven't done any pages in a couple of days. I have not felt really inspired but plan to look for a picture of the grandkids in the bluebonnets and scrap it if I can find it.
Laurie sent me new pictures of the kids last night so maybe I can get into the mood. Just so tired today for some reason.

Take care and I will talk to you soon... Hugs, Beth

smiekeltje said...

Gosh, Spring has arrived but in your area not much is seen of it yet!
Here we fall a few degress and then creeps up some degrees. Next week is looking again better some days.
We could do with a little bit of rain (just a shower of it), would be great for the garden I think. I don't have yet much to phtograph in it, but perhaps in a couple of weeks some of the seeds will actually look like plants, may be then I will take a picture or two.
Not too much planning for today, I will take it easy and may when Jan left this afternoon for his job I will grab the vacuumcleaner.
But I want to continue on my knitting project and also do some designing at the computer. Seems to be a good day for it LOL.
Have a lovely day.
Hug
Kyra