Saturday, March 14, 2015

Our Last Day In Paradise


March 14, 2015

Good morning.  Boo Hoo, Boo Hoo.  This wonderful vacation is coming to an end.  Tomorrow we go back home, which is why I'm posting today instead of tomorrow.  Ah well, we shall enjoy this gorgeous day, and gather enough more memories to last until next year.

This morning we will probably do a load of laundry.  We should do this early because lots of other folks will be wanting to do their laundry today too.  No one wants to pack dirty clothes to take home with them.  Sniff, sniff.

After the laundry is finished, we will probably take a ride to the flea market.  We were going to do this yesterday but we decided to laze about all day instead.  About the only thing we did not get to do this week is find new places to take photos.  Oh well.

Last night, we worked on our crochet projects.  The afghan I'm making needs only eleven more rows and it will be finished.  However, I'm not sure if I'll be able to finish it by tonight.  DIL Janet has started working on a new cardigan sweater. 

I have not seen our resident hawk since last week.  I wonder if it has found better pickings somewhere else?  There don't seem to be as many squirrels around as last year.  We haven't seen any of them in our area.  There also seems to be a lot less of those little gecko's (or whatever you want to call them.)  Usually they are everywhere here, but not so much this year. 

Today I thought I would show off some new photos of my handsome little fellow, Pogo.   Here he is sitting on a chair out on the porch with us.



I took these next two photos a few days ago at the flea market.  A young girl walked with her little dog, and Pogo just had to check out the cute little missy.  Note, not everyone has their dog on a leash.  It kind of makes me feel bad for Pogo, but at least I know he is safe.



And finally I have a photo of Pogo and Auntie Janet.  As you can see, he is definitely a "ladies man".  He is absolutely content when he is snuggling and hugging.


I thought I would also include a photo of the beautiful palms that are in the background of this last photo.  There are so many different and beautiful varieties of palm trees here in Florida.  Maybe today I can take a few more photos of them while we are out. 


Well, now I think I'll take my coffee out to the porch and enjoy the fresh air while I catch up on some blog reading.  So, till Monday, Y'all have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

4 comments:

Mary Ann said...

Pogo's not going home...he wants to go to Paris...check out Facebook!

lorik said...

I love the pic of Pogo and his girlfriend:)!

smiekeltje said...

Pity your holiday is almost over
Pogo just looks great on the photos, but he always does LOL
Enjoy yur last day and come home safely!
Hugs
Kyra

The Queen Jester said...

So sad to see your Florida vacation end....much too soon. It's very nice right now in the Midwest, but I'm sure that's just Mother Nature's idea of a cruel joke before she brings on yet another snow storm.