Monday, February 17, 2014

The Sun Is Big And Beautiful This Morning

February 17, 2014

Good morning.  Boy oh boy, the sun is shining oh so bright this morning!!  I did stop a couple of times on the way home to get a few photos of the sun peeking through trees.  I think it is so beautiful when it is shining through the tree branches. 



I also stopped to get a shot of the moon setting.  I would love to have gotten a photo of this moon last night, but the sky was overcast where I work.   But the morning moon is really a beautiful sight.  This one disappeared behind the trees just seconds after I got this shot.


Today I'm hoping  to watch some more of the couples skate dancing.  It is so beautiful to watch, one can lost in it.  Well, at least I do.  The other night, I watched "50 years of Sports Illustrated Cover Models" on TV.  It was really quite interesting.  I must say that 50 years later the earlier models still look great.  The 2014 issue comes out tomorrow, and has three lovelies on the cover.

Last night, after the Mrs was tucked into bed, I was able to work on my tax stuff a while.  I think all I have left to do is total the different columns up.   Oh wow, could I actually be nearing the end?   Gosh, I hope so.  My appointment with the accountant is this Thursday.  It would be so nice to give him all my figures, and have him say "good job!". 

Well, that's all my news for this morning.  It's time to play with Pogo for a while.  He's snuggled up next to me waiting for me to finish this post.  God bless him!  So, till tomorrow, Y'all stay warm and have a wonderful day.

Hugs, Edna B.

4 comments:

Debby said...

What a great attitude for this lovely ay. The sun is shining even though there will another snowfall tonight. Have fun with Pogo and I hope it goes well with the accountant. I am married to one so I know what you are against. Only kidding.

Nani said...

The sun in the trees is so pretty! We haven't had any more than just a sliver of sun today. We had a nice sleepy morning, checking out of our hotel to have breakfast and finish up just as the lunch crowd was starting. I guess enough people had Presidents Day off. Now we're home and it's looking gloomy as the all night snow is about to start.

We watched skiing and ice dancing last night. I really like the ice dancing, but how can you judge that? I just enjoy the events and ignore the scores; they're all beautiful.

You and Pogo snuggle and enjoy the skating tonight!

Hugs, Nani

The Queen Jester said...

It's amazing what a little sunshine can do to alter your mood and perception. Of course, the full moon can do that as well....maybe in a different way though. :)

smiekeltje said...

Despite of the sow, that's still there, this morning you had a happier way to drive home, with this lovely sunshine!
It really can make a person much better.
Wasn't it beautiful the ice dancing, the long programme. It was sooo difficult to say which one was really the best, but I VERY much liked the Swan Lake interpretation of that young Russian couple, sooo amazing and breathtaking.
But also the winning couple, yes the Americans, had a wonderful performance.
I think there is still the ladies competition to follow, and what I also like to watch is the Gala of all the winners in figure skating , well normally that's done, so I hope it will take place .
Good girl to almost finish the tax stuff, I can imagine you will be veru happy when you can deliver it all to the accountant LOL!
Have a wonderful day.
Hug
Kyra