Friday, February 21, 2014

I Can Breathe Now! The Taxes Are Done!

February 21, 2014

Good morning.  Tis a bit gray outside and we are expecting rain for today.  That figures!  We finally get a day around 52 F degrees, and it rains so we can't go out and  play.  Ah well, we will get out a bit because Pogo has an appointment at noon at the beauty salon.  On the way home from there, we will stop at Town Hall to get his new license. 

My big news for today???  I did good!  I had my appointment yesterday with the accountant to do my taxes, and when we finished he said that "I did good".   Phew!  What a relief that this is over and done with till next year.

Today I have some fun photos to share.  These were sent to me by a friend, and I thought you might enjoy them too.  Especially those of you with fur babies. 





The time crunch is on now.  There's just one week left to get everything in order so that I can go on vacation with a clear mind.  I think I'm okay.  I mainly just have to figure out what to pack and have all that ready.  My selfie mailer box is almost ready.  This will go to the post office the beginning of next week. 

Yesterday, I was busy from 7 a.m. till late last evening.  When Joe got home from work, he offered to watch Pogo so that I could do a bit of miscellaneous shopping.  Helen went with me, and I must say that we had a good time.  I got some new lounging pajamas and jersey tops, and I got several skeins of yarn for my crochet project. 

The bad news was that by the time I got done with supper and putting everything away, one of my ankles was quite swollen.  So, I sat in my lounge chair to put my feet up for a while, and I woke up around 2 a.m.  This, of course, means that I did not do my oxygen test.  This morning, I called the therapist to tell him I would do the test tonight.

Now it's time for me to get busy around here and get the laundry started.  So, till Sunday, Y'all have a wonderful day. 

Hugs, Edna B.

2 comments:

The Queen Jester said...

It's good to have taxes done - Pete is working on them right now and will be relieved when it's over.
We just firmed up our dates to return to the north and scheduled all our doctor, dentist, eye, etc exams for the first week we're there to get it over with.
Cute kitty photos - but then they all are :)

smiekeltje said...

Okay, taxes done, good work!
Unbelievable that in only 1 week you will go on holiday! It will be good for you.
Hmmmm, pity you missed the oxygen test, but then.... you had a good sleep, and that's worth a lot too!
Take care about your ankle, try to give it as much possible rest.
Have a lovely day.
Oh, those photo's are adorable and funny!
Hug
Kyra