Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Brrr! It's Too Cold For Me!

February 11, 2014

Brrrrr!!  It's 3 degrees F, and it will possibly get all the way up to the mid 20's later today.  Woo Hoo!  Tomorrow night and Thursday we are expecting some more snow or snow/rain mix or both.  No one seems to know quite what we are getting yet. 

Much as I don't want to go out today, I will have to keep an appointment this morning at the doctor's office for my annual physical.  It would be so nice if I could just email him and tell him how I am.  Unfortunately, he insists on seeing me in person.  Hmm, maybe he doesn't have Skype at his office.  If he did, maybe we could do Skype visits?  Somehow I don't think he would agree to this either.

Gosh, time is slipping by quickly now, and I have so much to do in the next couple of weeks.  The biggest thing is getting the taxes done.  I have my papers more than half ready.  Tomorrow night, I have to work so once the Mrs is tucked in for the night, I will work on the rest of my papers and receipts.  Hopefully, I can have everything finished and ready for the accountant before the end of the week. 

Next, I have to call and arrange for a car rental for when I am in Florida.  That's less than three weeks away.  I need to start seriously thinking of what to pack in my mailer box that I will mail the week before we leave.  I think I will pack some yarn and a crochet hook and pattern, along with some pee pads for Pogo.  All my reading material is on my tablet so I don't have to pack any books.

Yesterday and last night I watched the Olympic Games but they only had skiing.  I must say that I was quite impressed at how well these young folks are doing over there.   I especially enjoyed the parts when they were showing the backgrounds on some of the players.  Very interesting indeed. 

Kyra, I was so touched when I read your comment.  I just knew that you were a very kind and caring person, and I am so glad to call you my friend. 

I'm starting to have some problems with Mr. Blogger, so I think I'll post some photos and call it a day.  I took these photos last week as I was leaving work.  They seem to be a sign that Spring might be coming soon, but right now they are buried under a lot of snow.




Now I think I'll make another cup of coffee.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all stay warm and have a wonderful day. 

Hugs, Edna B.

4 comments:

Andrea @ From The Sol said...

I just read yesterdays post along with this one. I agree, your children are kind and positive thinking like you ... it's not any wonder you are proud of them. When I was growing up it was common to pick up hitchhikers ... there was never an issue and never any fear. As time has passed and things have changed it is not a wise thing to do anymore at least not for a woman. I often put money in the street people's pockets, but I always fear I may be feeding a habit and not a hungry person. But, I take the chance because it breaks my heart that someone would be without a home ... a warm place to stay expecially in a cold winter like we are having. We all need to do what we can to help ... and to help make things different. To help creat jobs ... I just boil when I look at what politics is doing to our country.

And then there are the taxes ... OMG, nobody wants to pay taxes, but how else does our country run. Poeple are not thinking. I am proud of you that you do your taxes so faithfully ... though I know it is a pain in the same place that you used to fall on when you were skating. My husband does our taxes, one of the many things he does that I am thankful for. You shuld feel good that you are doing so well on your own. And your spirits are always up ... there's that smile again. That is why I love comoing over here to start my day ... you always make me smile and, of course, Izzi and I love your little Pogo, who you rescued from what was clearly and disastrous beginning. Ah yes, Edna ... you make everyone's life more enjoyable and we are all thankful for you. Have a wonderful day ...

Andrea @ From The Sol

Debby said...

Is that green I see. Yes, Spring will come. I love winter but I must admit that it is starting to get to me. The ground keeps pilling up with all the snow. The cold temps are something else. It's good that I have to go out.....breathe in some fresh air and just be thankful I have a roof over my head.
You are a special person. I missed your last post. Yes, you raised your kids right. How nice of them to take the serviceman in. We need to be so thankful to them for the job they do for us.
I am excited for your vacations. Yes, don't forget the potty pads....those Yorkies. I am headed to the vet with a specimen for mine. They are checking for Cushions disease.
Take care my friend.

Nani said...

Oh wow, could it mean I have some buds too? Buried under a foot or so of snow… --sigh—I’ll be patient. :(

Awesome story about Mac, Audrey and the serviceman; you have every right to be proud! And I agree, Kyra’s comment made me smile. There may be some terrible people and awful political figures in this world and they get all the attention, but really, at the core, real people are quietly still wonderful.

It’s already 4 below here for our 10PM reading and going to 9 or 10 below tonight. Time to take my cold feet up to the warm bed!

Hugs, Nani

smiekeltje said...

The weather isn;t doing it's best there! Oh, and nature all around is a bit confused. Sprouts and buds are already coming up, but for some it is way to early. Now I hope that here they will not have a set back in a few weeks, we easily could have suddenly real cold temperatures and that's no good for all the new stuff that is coming up already!
Can you imagine that in just a few weeks you will be in Florida again?
Wonderful!
And yes, lots of good things and wonderful achievenments at the Olympics again.
Well, have a good meeting with your doctor LOL, and then have a great day!
Hugs
Kyra