Thursday, February 27, 2014

Pogo Is Definitely The Man Of This House!

February 27, 2014

Good morning.  Wow, have you noticed that there is only one more day left in this month?   In two days it will be a brand new month!  I know I've been trying to hurry the Winter away, but if the months keep flying by this fast, it will be December while we're on our way out to water the garden. 

Of course, it could just be that the time flying quickly is another of those "golden year" thingies.  Seems like every week or so I learn something new about the wonders of elder age.  Did you notice how I did not say "old" age?  I think "elder" age sounds a bit more sophisticated.  It doesn't make a person any younger, but it might give the mind a little boost.

Yesterday my new oxygen concentrator arrived.  For some reason, Pogo does not seem to like it very much.  As long as it is not turned on, he is okay with it.  Once I turn it on though, Pogo barks at it.  He takes a break after a while, but then comes back to bark at it some more.  I guess that's to make sure the machine knows that he is the boss around here.

I have to admit that the new machine does make it much easier to breathe at night.  The newness of it though, kept me awake half the night.  Well, Pogo's barking at it every now and then did not help either.  Tonight though, it will most likely be a lot easier to fall asleep. 

During the night, Pogo decided to check out the new ottoman.  I guess he likes it okay because he spent part of the night snoozing in it.  Woo Hoo!  He looks so cute in it!  I'll have to try to get some photos.

Wayne came by last night to make sure my laptop and my little laptop (10 inch) are both all set and ready for travel.  I'm not sure yet which one I'll take with me.  I'll probably decide on the small one because it is much lighter to carry.  Today I think I'll rehearse packing my carry on bag.   I need to make sure that everything fits and that the bag does not get too heavy. 

I guess I'll start packing our suitcase too.  Then later, I'll take Joe food shopping.  Tonight, I can watch my program, Project Runway, on TV.  I hope they never take this program off the air, because I'll really miss it. 

I'm beginning to babble so let me get to the cute pictures that I have to share.  My friends know that I love these pictures, and they send me lots of them from the web.   These two are just adorable!



Now it's time to make some breakfast.  When it's cold outside like it is today, I warm up Pogo's doggie food.  You can't tell I love this little guy, can you?  lol.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all stay warm and have a wonderful day.

Hugs, Edna B.

3 comments:

Andrea @ From The Sol said...

Well another freezing cold day just flited by me ... it almost dark (the sky over the lake is pink and blue at sunset ... I just love it). And I am already cooking dinner. It feels like I just got up ... not sure I could tell you what I did all day, but is sure is gone.

My son is leaving for another trip to Thailand next week. I will be driving him to the airport so I am praying that the weather will be descent that day so I am not driving home alone in a snow storm ... maybe I will plan to stop at my friends for lunch that would at least be something to look forward to.

Well, I made it through my first full day of cat sitting for two different households ... it really isn't too bad except all of the poop scooping. The cats are all adorable and I enjoy spending time with them. We'll see how I feel about it after a week of it.

My buzzer is going off on the stove so I need to make a quick departure. Have an enjoyable night ... love that the oxygen concentrater is working for you and Pogo will get used to it after awhile. Stay well, Edna ...

Andrea @ From the Sol

smiekeltje said...

Definately agree with you that "elder"age sounds a lot better LOL!
Great that the oxygen concentrater seems to work for you, and Pogo will get used to it too. He just likes to show off at times, to be sure everybody knows he is "the man".
You should start on your carry bag and syuitcase, now you can do that still at ease.
You have a wonderful weekend and lots of good sleep!
Hugs
Kyra

Annesphamily said...

Listen, that dog isn't lying! Our kitten has done that on multiple occasions! Love toilet paper strewn across a room or two! HaHaHa! Hope you fly away to Florida in excellent weather! Have fun!