Wednesday, February 26, 2014

No More Snow Please!

February 26, 2014

Good morning.  Gosh, I've been up for hours, it seems.  I woke up around 3 a.m., and realized that I had forgotten to put out the bag for the Big Brother Big Sister pickup.  I was tempted to go back to sleep and hope that I awoke again early enough to put the bag out, but then decided to just stay up.

I put the bag out on the porch, and have been doing a bit of catching up on my blog reading and checking out a few sites that I've been wanting to look at.  Of course, the Jewelry TV Channel has been on for company.  They have been showing a lot of black and white jewelry lately.  I have to say that most of it is quite pretty. 

Yesterday, Joe went with Pogo and me to the post office to get my box on its way to Florida. The box was a little bit too heavy for me to carry.  I also stopped by the Town Hall to drop off the tax payments and pick up Pogo's new license.  Now all we have to do is decide what to pack, and get it done. 

Well, almost.  I will need to bring in another fuel delivery in the next day or two.  It's been quite chilly this week, with no sign of another heat wave for a while.  Right now, it's only 15 degrees F.  It's supposed to get up to about 29 degrees F with maybe some snow.   They are forecasting snow for us on Saturday, Sunday and Monday.  Please!  No snow till after I get to Florida!!! 

Today I have some cute pictures to share that friends have sent to me.  Our pets make such interesting subjects.




Well, now it's time to make breakfast.  Pogo keeps looking at me and then at the refrigerator.  I think he's trying to give me a hint.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all stay warm and have a wonderful day.

Hugs, Edna B.

5 comments:

Debby said...

Your weather sounds like ours today . I had to leave at 6:30 am to watch the littles . My car never warmed up . I went straight to the couch a covered up with two blankets. My grandson came down and didn't see me and was ready to get on the couch. I scared the lite guy. He said my hair was the same color of the pillow. Haha. I am excited that you get to go to Florida. Your pictures from there will help us warm up.

Andrea @ From The Sol said...

We are set for subzero weather for the rest of the week and up to a foot of snow by Monday. I hope you get out of MA before the snow hits there ... we will all be waiting for your warm, sunny pictures to reassure us that there is an option out there. I had to put the boots back on Izzi this morning because the wind chill was -17. Will this ever end :(

I am taking my daughter downtown again only this time to see a Neurologist. She has had face pain for a long time and we always thought it was the teeth ... but apparently not. So now we have to go figure it out before they do any more on her teeth. Sadly this process seems to be endless.

Today I start Cat sitting for my other neighbor. The neighbor I have been cat sitting for was supposed to be home tomorrow ... but it's not happening. She says another week ... sigh! I am looking forward to gettin my life back, but in the meantime, I will enoy the kitties ... they are all wonderful. I am off to hop in the shower. We have to leave at eleven and it is after ten, so I am running a little behind. Have a great day, Miss Edna :) and loves and licks from Izzi for Pogo.

Andrea @ From the Sol

Mat's Merry Memoirs said...

Sorry have been neglectful again, I was just so wrapped up in the Olympics, glad they are over, I have had a lot to catch up on. I think I am about to see the light at the end of the tunnel. I knew I was going to let all go until the games were over, but now wish I had not. Too, I have been busy with a photobook for my niece for her mother in law. Got that finished, now have to do one for her mother....LOL, but I love it. I hope you can get to FL before anymore of this nasty winter strikes again. Awoke to wind chill this morning of 20...we are so up and down and so many in hospitals with the crud this always causes. I am happy I was "stuck" indoors...ROFL...any excuse right?
Some really cute cartoon photos and the moon shots are great too. Glad you are all caught up and can go on vacation and not have to worry! Stay warm and safe! Hugs for both of you! Mat :)

Nani said...

Oh Edna, I thought I left my comment yesterday but it seems that I wrote it in Word (to catch the typos and keep blogger from eating it) and I simply forgot to cut and paste!

The Ottoman/hideout is so cute! You Pogo some time and he’ll come around like it. It just looks so cozy. Pogo does so handsome cleaned up with his collared golf shirt on. You’re right is yorkie mane will grow back but he still look handsome in the meantime.

I’m a little jealous; we have some spots of grass visible no flowers! I’m not worried Spring Training has begun and I have faith the dwindling snow and funding crocuses are not far away. Besides we’ve officially taken the record this year for the snowiest winter in recorded Toledo history. Yay history! Now MELT!

Bigger yay for almost vacation time! I love your idea of mailing a box ahead for a longer trip. It makes flying so much easier than having to check bags.

Okay, I’m POSTING my comment today, really I am.
Hugs, Nani

smiekeltje said...

Almost all done to be ready for your vacation, hoorray! Sorry to hear the cold is back again, with chneces of snow again. Don;t you think you had enough and that it is time for some better weather? I bet you do.
Those animal pictures are sooo funny!
Here all goes quiet, my back is feeling a lot better, just will have to careful and take it easy for a few more days.
You go and pack your suitcase now and it will make you feel already a bit in vacation mood!
Hugs
Kyra