Saturday, December 7, 2013

Sleeping Late Is Good For The Soul

December 7, 2013

Well, by three minutes, it is now a good afternoon.  I decided to sleep late this morning, and I must say that if felt really good.  When I got up, Pogo and I had a late breakfast, and I put in a load of laundry. 

Last night, I did a bit of shopping, and I think now I can finish wrapping the gifts that go into the last mailer box.  Yesterday afternoon, I went to the Post Office with the rest of my packages and boxes.  Wow, these days, one has to save up just to mail out their packages!  It's only once a year though, so it's okay with me.

The work crew was here all day yesterday working on the house in the drizzle.  I have to say that the work is looking really good.  These guys are doing a great job.  I'll have to hire them when it's time to scrape and repaint (or replace) all the window trims. 

For today's photo, I have an interesting shot of the clouds that I took a couple of days ago.  Aren't these pretty?


Then a little while later, I got this cool shot of the sun going down behind some misty clouds.  This one wasn't easy to get because of all the tall trees in my yard.


Now I must get busy here.  The washer has stopped so I need to put the clothes in the dryer.  Then I want to remind Joe to get out the Christmas decorations and set the tree up.  It's time for some Christmas cheer.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all be safe and have a fabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

1 comment:

Nani said...

I hope i can coax David into putting the tree up Monday.

You Secret Santa gifts are sweet. 2 shipments? Are they both from the same place of origin? Come to think of it, Rina sent a friend in Georgia a present through my account a couple years ago, so the gift from her friend in Indianapolis said it came from Toledo. K, maybe the place of origin won't mean anything. It's not me, I swear! Although you have something in common with my Santee this year. :)

You know I've been thinking about a Roomba. Kaline and Carla would be afraid of it and Marco would attack it. I think David would probably prefer the Roomba to the handsome young man. Besides we have about a generation between us; a "young man" is probably covered in tattoos and not as attractive to me. ;)

Hugs, Nani