Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Gosh Darn! I Just Do Not Like This Cold!

December 11, 2013

Brrrr!  Good morning.  It is coooold!  My end of the house does not have insulation beneath the floors, so I have carpeting on most of my floor space.  Thank  goodness for that, because I can still feel the cold coming right through the floor.  Without the carpeting, my toes would be quite frosty by now. 

Today we have sunshine without the rain and snow.  I'm thankful for the sun, but oh my, I just do not like this cold.  In my younger days, I was much sturdier than I seem to be these days.  I guess this newly acquired fragility is just another part of growing older. 

Yesterday morning, bright and early at 7:30 a.m., the work crew showed up to finish the work on the house.  Within a very short time, the snow started falling, and it was a very wet snow.  The men just kept on working.  After a while, the snow wasn't as wet but it was still falling.  We were very lucky that this was not a heavy snow. 

Here's a couple of photos showing the snow coming down and covering the trees with a layer of white.  The first shot is my Emperor Tree, and the second is a shot of one of my gentle giants.



It was still snowing when the work crew finished the work on my house, and left to start another job.


I also took a photo of my little Pogo.  This shot is interesting because it shows just how tiny he is.  He is walking between the lounge chair and the TV console.   Isn't it amazing how something this tiny can bring you so much joy and happiness?


I haven't had much energy lately.  There is wrapping waiting for me in the next room and I just haven't been able to push myself to go in there and finish it.  I will need to do it soon because the boxes need to be mailed out this week. 

Well, that's about it for this morning.  For those of you enduring this nasty cold weather without even electric power, I surely do hope that all the lines are repaired and that you have your power back on.  Till tomorrow, Y'all be warm and safe, and have a wonderful day.

Hugs, Edna B.

2 comments:

Andrea @ From The Sol said...

Our temperatures were supposed to drop below "0" last night and be even colder then before ... but as I look at my thermometer it says 22 degrees. And, when Izzi and I went out it was cold, but didn't seem any colder than before .... hmmmm. So now I don't know if the weatherman was wrong (a better than 50% possibility) or if the colder is still coming. At any rate, I am going out later today to get some boots for Izzi so she can at least go out to potty without freezing her little feet.

Santa must be very busy this year ... he seems to have made an early round leaving a very interesting box under my tree yesterday. It is full of goodies and I can't wait to open them. I will wait until Christmas (I think ... if I can stand it...) because we won't have much under our tree this year. My husband and I agreed to not exchange except for a few necessities and the kids are both getting big things that won't fit under the tree (also necessities). Our granddaughter asked for one thing ... Ugg boots. Ever heard of them? Neither had I, but my eyes pooped out of my head when I saw the price ... OMG. Well, she is getting them, but that is all she is getting. So it will be a Merry Christmas because we will all be together which is so important to me (Plus I have my mystery box to open).

Pogo is tiny ... tinier than small. Is he a teacup? That just makes him that much cuter and yes his heart must be bigger than he is because he sure loves you!

I am getting my hair cut today ... boy do I need that. My hair looks great for a long time then flop ... the whole do goes away and turns into a mop. Julie, my hairdresser, is my fairy Godmother. She can work wonders on my little ol' head ... and she comes to my house to do it. I love that she comes here because it guarantees that my house will get cleaned at least every six weeks, Ha! Well, dear friend. I am off to do some cleaning so you stay warm (You need to get some big floppy slippers for those cold feet)and have a wonderful day :)

Andrea @ From The Sol

smiekeltje said...

It really looks like winter on your photos!
However, the workmen were great to finish the job, even in this nasty weather!
Received yesterday your postcard for the New Year already in the mail!
Yours is the first we received.!
of course with a beautiful picture of Pogo LOL!
Didn't do too much yesterday, but made two little christmas decorations( I cannot stop ), I'll hope to have a photo of them tomorrow!
You stay safe and WARM,
Hug
Kyra