Saturday, June 1, 2013

Sizzling Sunshine

June 1, 2013

Good morning.  Today promises to be another sizzler in the low 90's (F).   Not to fear though.  Pogo and I are quite comfy in our little home.  Right now, Pogo is sound asleep, snoring up a storm, snuggled into his fuzzy green blanket. 


It makes my heart happy to know that he feels safe and secure.  Pogo's biggest goal these days is to figure out how to get more bologna and treats from Joe. 

I took a photo a while back of my Wisteria vine, which is getting pretty tall now, but still no blooms.  I wonder how old it has to be before the blossoms start showing up. 


Before I forget, let me put up the June page from my 2013 calendar.   Can you believe it?  June?  Folks enjoy your summer while you can because before you know it, it will be Winter again.  lol.


This rose grew on my yellow rose tree, and today I'm hoping to get a photo of the new yellow roses beginning to bloom.  I also need to start setting aside photos for next year's calendar.  Time is flying by so quickly. 

I'm hoping that by the end of next week, I will be able to go back to visit with the swan family.  The babies must be getting so big by now.  I would like to stop by our local park too to see if there are any new babies there.  Gosh, Pogo and I just want to go out and have fun in the sunshine.  Spring and Summer don't seem to last very long any more.

Now it's time to rustle up some breakfast for Pogo, and I'll be wanting another cup of coffee.  Till tomorrow, Y'all have a fabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

3 comments:

smiekeltje said...

The nice weather you have at the moment will help you to get back on your feet again.
Pogo looks so sweet, curled up in his blanket!
I found you a few links concerning your wisteria. May be they can be of some help.
We should have some better weather in the coming week, and we deserve that LOL.
Today may be a day again that we can sit a while in the garden, not a bad thing for a Sunday!
You take care and have a great day!
Hug
Kyra

http://homeguides.sfgate.com/long-before-wisteria-plant-blooms-first-time-69737.html

http://www.videojug.com/film/how-to-prune-wisteria

http://apps.rhs.org.uk/advicesearch/profile.aspx?pid=173

Nani said...

Good morning, Edna! I’m trying out blog reading and commenting in the morning. Well, okay I read when I can and go back and comment if I’m strapped for time! :)

Thank you so much for the lemonade present! I collected a few others too. I love all the different lemons to lemonade pages and word arts. Obviously “When life gives you lemons, male lemonade” is one of my favorite credos!

My hair is fine but thick, so it takes forever to dry too. I usually wash it at night because it takes too long to blow dry for my arms before they get sore and like you, I get frizzies! The natural wave is blown out too.

We’ve had lots of serious rain and some thunder & lightning, but mostly overnight. That’s meant they’ve had to dry off the rides in the morning, but the church carnival hasn’t missed a beat this weekend. It’s also been hot enough that the AC is on, so while I can still hear the festival, (I can’t smell the carnival food, so the caramel corn craving have been mild.)

Pogo looks so cozy in his green blanket. There is just something heartwarming about a sleeping animal, ever more so when it’s an animal you know and love!

Now the coffee pot and David-cooked breakfast are calling me.

Happy Sunday!
Hugs, Nani

The Queen Jester said...

Animals (and small children) look so sweet when they are sleeping. Yesterday Gracie flipped over partially on to her back on the couch next to me while she slumbered. I took that as a very good sign that her confidence and trust is growing stronger.
It seems to me that wisteria can take several years before they bloom. I think mine took about 4 years, but then that was in Wisconsin on the edge of where they will grow to begin. I'll trade temps with you...it's in the 60's here with perpetual gloom and nightly rain. I feel like I'm living in London.