Friday, June 28, 2013

Woo Hoo! The New Door Looks Great!

June 28, 2013

Good morning.  It's 5:10 a.m. and it should be bright daylight outside, but because of the rainstorms and the clouds it is not very light.  We had some heavy downpours with a bit of thunder and lightning during the night, and I guess it will be this way all day and tomorrow too.  Today, we are having flash flood warnings most of the day.

In a few minutes, I will have to start getting ready for work.  The baby sitter can't watch Pogo today so he will have to go to work with me.  He's rather thrilled about this.  I hope the day goes quickly because I did not get any sleep all night.  Some nights that's how it goes. 

Yesterday, Eddie and Kevin picked up my new storm door, and got it installed.  My oh my, it looks so nice.  What a fabulous door!  If you want just screen on the top of the door, you just pull down the tab at the top of the top window and as you pull the window down, the screen comes with it.  When you push the window back up, the screen  goes back into the door.  This makes it super easy to wash the windows! 




 

I can see now that I'm going to have to have the back of the house washed pretty soon.  It's making my new door look grubby.  That just won't do.  But my guys certainly did do a great job.

Well, now I really do have to get cracking here and start getting ready for work.  Be safe my friends.  Till tomorrow, Y'all have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

3 comments:

Mat's Merry Memoirs said...

My, my, my what handsome men you have working on your door! It looks terrific. Bet you can't wait for the weather to clear enough to wash the back of the house! Hope it happens soon for you!
We awoke to 84 this morning, means just gonna be another steamy 3 digit day! The UV has been at 11 all week so...really try to limit any exposure to as little as I can. But, hey, it is July in Texas! LOL!
My sis had 1 stent and got to go home yesterday about 1 p.m. Thanks for the prayers and good wishes!
Hope you and Pogo have a fantastic weekend ahead! Will catch you again tomorrow!
Hugs, Mat

smiekeltje said...

Awesome job your men did!
This door sure looks to be great.
Sorry you didn;t had enough sleep, so will have to "survive"the shift. But Pogo is thrilled he can go with you.
Hopefully the Mrs, won;t be too grumpy about it LOL!
Have a lovely day, passing quick so you can go home and take a nap.
Hug
Kyra

The Queen Jester said...

If I had a good looking crew like that for installation I'd be putting in new doors, windows, whatever it took to keep them around....you lucky woman you.
I hate those nights I can't sleep, know them well and my sympathy is with you. Maybe tonight will be an extra special good night for you.