Thursday, June 20, 2013

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, GARY JR.

June 20, 2013

Good morning.  You're not going to believe this, but I just finished typing this whole post, and I guess I breathed wrong because it all just disappeared into thin air.  It's that miserable touch pad!!!!!!!  I forgot to go into the control panel and shut it off.  All you have to do is look at the keyboard the wrong way and everything you are working on goes away.  Groan, groan, groan!!

Well, I'm not going to try to re-type everything.  I would disconnect the pad for good, but if I do, and I lose or forget my mouse, I won't be able to get into my laptop at all.  It's a lose, lose situation.  Grrrr!

I was in such a good mood, but now I'm getting crabby again.  It's time to break out the email that my Deanne sent to me yesterday.   "To make you smile - found this!!  -- I wish I were a glow worm - cause a glow worm's never glum - cause how can you be grouchy - when the sun shines out your bum!!! xoxo" 

Well now, that did it!!  No more gloomies!

I'd like to wish my son Gary Jr a very happy birthday.  Today  is the big 50!   Gary Jr, I hope your day is filled with love and happiness. 

Today, I have a couple of photos to share that I took at the beach last summer.  This first was the view from across the street from the water, and the second photo is the water slapping against the rocks.  The orange glow is from the setting sun.



Now it's time to get busy here.  Pogo is wanting to go for a ride to the park, and I'm thinking that's a good idea.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all be safe and have a wonderful day.

Hugs, Edna B.

3 comments:

Andrea @ From The Sol said...

Oh ... going for a ride? Hope you will be stopping in to see the Swans and their probably pretty big babies. I will be checking in for pictures tomorrow :)

I am running late ... have been all day. I spent the morning waiting for a worker to come and he didn't show up until this afternoon. Meanwhile everything that I could have been getting done was put on the back burner, so now I have to play catch up, ugh!

We have had a few beautiful days ... not too hot, a nice breeze off of the lake and blue skies. Oh boy, how I wish it would stay that way.

I took my daughter to Subway to get a chopped salad (had one? they are really good) and I saw a big life size poster of the Lone Ranger and TONTO .... OMG, Johnny Depp as Tonto. He was such a favorite when I was growing up. I have a smidge of Native American Blood in me and as a kid, I was convinced that I was related to Tonto. He was handsome back then, but couldn't shake a stick at how handsome he is with JD playing the role. I just drool at the thought ... Sorry, didn't mean to get carried away. It just slipped out of me :)

It is gettting time for me to put together some supper for my Hubby and sit down to watch my Thursday programs. Thursday seems to be a good night for me even when the summer stock is on I have good programs to watch. So, I need to get everything else under control so I can sit back and enjoy. You have a nice rest of your day Edna ... Hope you and Pogo had a nice outing ...

Andrea @ From The Sol

The Queen Jester said...

I like the way you caught the water movement as the waves hit the rocks.
The beach photo is beautiful - this could be a photo for a tourism brochure...I know I'd want to go there!

smiekeltje said...

Happy Birthday to Gary jr. Oh, he reached a "special"age, 50!!!
It is frustrating when you loose a whole post in Blogger, it happened to me too sometimes.
Nothing else to do then start over again, but it is never the same thing, I hate it.!
Well, forget about it and just have a nice time with Pogo in the parc. That will better your spirit again!LOL.
Hugs
Kyra