Sunday, January 22, 2012

It's Warming Up, Bye Bye Snow!

January 22, 2012

Good morning.  The sun is shining, and the temperature is working it's way up to 25, maybe even 30 degrees.  Beginning late tonight, the warmer temps will be coming back and we will enjoy a week of temps between 40 and 50 degrees.

Because we're getting a late start, Tootsie and I are having ham and cheese for brunch.  She obviously approves because there's hardly a sniff left on her plate.  She even ate all the dry kibbles that I put in with her food.  Even though I spoil her, I do get some dog food into her too.

We got a healthy dose of snow yesterday, at least another 5 or 6 inches depending on where you live.  It made for very slippery roads on the way to work last night.  This morning, however, the roads are much better thanks to the sanders.

I have a couple more photos that I took Friday morning.  This first one is of a gorgeous tree in the Mrs' back yard.  The second photo is a rhododendron bud poking through the snow.  To me, this shows hope that Spring is not too far off.



Yesterday afternoon, I was busy checking on what flights were available for our trip to Florida, what transportation was available to pick us up at the airport and return us there two weeks later, and which car rental place to use.  Tomorrow, I will secure our airline tickets, and then the vacation becomes real.  Just five more weeks.  Woo Hoo!

Today is the Law and Order SVU marathon on TV.  In a little while, Tootsie and I are going to snuggle up in our cozy little bed and watch a few re-runs of one of our favorite programs.  That's all for this morning.  Till tomorrow, Y'all keep warm and have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

1 comment:

smiekeltje said...

Glad the snow already disappears.
Oh wow, your holiday is truly becoming almost reality now! Just another 5 weeks?? That's quick.
It makes the days nicer when you have something to look forward too!
Have a great day
Hugs
Kyra